Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScootPatoot

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Anyone else getting this message? I get it after listening for about maybe 10 seconds. I thought maybe my account was hacked and someone was really logging in somewhere else but this message only comes up when I use the iPhone app. Streaming online works fine on my PC. I've already logged off and back on and reinstalled the app. I don't want to go to the trouble of restoring the phone...Ideas? :confused:

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
This might sound silly, but could it be that when you log in on the PC, you log yourself out elsewhere?

ScootPatoot

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Thanks for the response, but no. I'm not logged into sirius now on my PC and when I open it up on my iPhone, I get the message within 10 seconds.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
That happens to me a couple times a day (listen from work due to network firewall), and I know for a fact that I'm not logged in elsewhere. Not after 10 seconds here though - maybe once every 4 hours.

ScootPatoot

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Yeah...It used to be like that for me too. Once every couple of hours or so but the last couple of days it has been literally unusable. I'm not exaggerating when I say it happens within 10 seconds of when I start playing from my iPhone. I click "Continue" and it lasts for another 10 seconds...

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Yeah...It used to be like that for me too. Once every couple of hours or so but the last couple of days it has been literally unusable. I'm not exaggerating when I say it happens within 10 seconds of when I start playing from my iPhone. I click "Continue" and it lasts for another 10 seconds...

Out of curiosity, does it behave the same way whether you're using Wifi or 3g?

thrill5one6

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
Happened to me a few times Friday and Saturday. never happened before.
I changed my password and I still have the issue

b11051973

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2006
I have received this message twice this week. I only use the Sirius streaming on my iPhone. I've never logged into the streaming anywhere else. Well, I guess I have from my iPad, but I haven't done that in a couple months.

Seeing a message like that gets me all nervous that someone has hacked me. I even changed my password after I got the message earlier in the week. I just got the message again. So, I'm thinking it is just a glitch in the app.

swmr

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
Penn State
I am having the same issue...on my iMac Sirius XM online player streams just fine (and was closed during the time with my computer asleep) but my iPhone App says "Your account is logged in somewhere else..." then to click keep listening to keep listening and log out elsewhere.

But 15 seconds after I keep listening, i get the same error message. I literally cannot hear a single song.

What is wrong?

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
This just started happening today on both iPad and iPhone versions of the Sirius XM app. After 15 minutes on hold with Sirius support I was told to create a new user ID and login for internet/iPhone listening. I did that and it worked for almost an hour. Now it is starting all over again. It's obviously not that someone's hacked my account; Sirius has an issue and they just don't have a clue how to fix it.

swmr

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
Penn State
Hmm. That is interesting. I deleted the app from my phone and redownloaded. Fixed for about 10 minutes and then back to errors all the time.

Regarding your suggestion, how do I change my login? Sirius only has my one email address, And I'm certainly not paying a second subscription to try a second email.

I hope I do to have to get rid of xm radio...

swmr

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
Penn State
That weird, I never even clicked the button twice. Sorry about double post...

Last edited:

suzuki98

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2009
Anyone else getting this message? I get it after listening for about maybe 10 seconds. I thought maybe my account was hacked and someone was really logging in somewhere else but this message only comes up when I use the iPhone app. Streaming online works fine on my PC. I've already logged off and back on and reinstalled the app. I don't want to go to the trouble of restoring the phone...Ideas? :confused:

I'm curious if anybody is still having this problem? I recently started experiencing this and it's annoying. I have a idea what might be going on.I have a couple of questions for people experiencing this:

1. Does it happen on the siriusxm app only or online also?
2. Is bluetooth on while listening?
3. Are you a lifetime member?
4. Have you contacted siriusxm about this and did they basically brush it under the rug?

Thanks

B-Spec

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2017
I'm curious if anybody is still having this problem? I recently started experiencing this and it's annoying. I have a idea what might be going on.I have a couple of questions for people experiencing this:

1. Does it happen on the siriusxm app only or online also?
2. Is bluetooth on while listening?
3. Are you a lifetime member?
4. Have you contacted siriusxm about this and did they basically brush it under the rug?

Thanks

Digging up the dead here. I have this same problem. I have no other device or have shared any log in info and I am getting this message every 4 mins. It makes it impossible to work an stream XM on the computer. I am using the online music player. The APP works fine and I dont get the message at all. If anyone has some new info I would appreciate it. Calling Sirius and talking to them about it is like calling the Hospital and asking them what pressure I should run in my tires.

BadApple13

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2021
This is still an issue today using an old version (3.1702.0) of the SXM app. I use it to listen to cable news stations all the time (no cable TV). This old version of the app allows the user to skip around in news programs and replay or start them over. It makes a huge difference in the listening experience being able to start a show at the beginning no matter what time you tune in. This functionality has been removed from newer versions of the SXM app (at least the iOS version). Please put it back and I'll use the newer version!

I had been able to use this old version for years on an iPhone 5c running iOS 10.1.1 without this issue. That is until I logged in on another device. Then I got the dreaded "Stream paused, logged in somewhere else" error for days even after logging out of all other devices. I would just have to keep hitting the OK button every 2 minutes for days until it finally went away. Once the error stopped, I never logged in anywhere else again. That was more than a year ago.

Recently, the 5c has gotten too old (battery bad, too old an iOS) and I replaced it with a first gen iPhone SE running iOS 13.6 (SXM app version 3.1702.0 will not work on iOS 14 and newer). On the SE, I've been getting the dreaded "Stream paused, logged in somewhere else" error for about 5 days now with no end in sight. I've been logged out of SXM on all other devices and even changed my password. So far no luck. I can play the app from the play button on the lock screen which yields about 20 minutes of uninterrupted play but that's the best I've come up with so far.

Any help would be much appreciated. Is there another version of the SXM app that maintains this functionality without the "Stream Paused" error?

MzMimi822

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2022
Was a fix ever determined for the XM issue? It looks like the oldest post was 11 years ago. Why does it keep cutting off saying someone else is listening and I know for a fact no one is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.