Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jellybean

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
DSC_0012.jpg

So, I was browsing through the assortment of paint colours at my local hardware store, wondering what colour to use for one of our bedrooms. Then I looked down at my white iPhone with its orange bumper and thought why not! :D The room is very... bright! I love it.

Anyone else done something similar? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I will be moving to a new place at the end of the month and I debated what color I wanted to paint my room before I moved in and I looked at my iPad and almost considered the White + Orange combo myself (white iPad + Orange Smart Cover).

I ended up going with this combo (I'll post a picture later). OP, nice room.
apple-iphone-4-bumper-blue.jpg

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
Nice....but what if your bumper breaks and you can't find a new one with the same color? :( I would be so sad

d88co88

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2009
MN
OP, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of camera did you use to take this picture?

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
talk about good color matching.
Now for me I do not like the color orange at all so I would hate it but for some people they love it.

The paint job looks really well done and you did good work. I have to say I find how you found your inspiration for a color choice pretty cool.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Very nice. In the 70s I painted my room blue and put red and yellow stripes around it. My mom crocheted a matching bedspread and life was good. After I moved out I figure it took my parents about five coats of "antique white" to cover it all up.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
That's just sick. I'd suggest you find a good 12 coat program to deal with it.

cPol

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2011
Lowell, MA
I've been lurking on the forums for months and just joined today to tell you how cool that looks. Nice job!

pman219

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2011
Rochester, NY
Have to say, I opened this thread expecting to see a ton of responses bashing the OP, I am very impressed to find the opposite.

Strong work OP and nice job on the paint. Looks great

nastebu

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2008
I once painted my bathroom a mango color. It was kind of cool, but it gave me a headache to be in there too long. Eventually we ended up adding all sorts of other accents in neutral colors to try and tone it down, but nothing really worked and we had to re-paint.

I hope you have better luck!

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Wow, no kidding. The paint job is good, the color choice is horrid (for a room anyway).

Yeah, in my new place my entire stairwell is orange...drives me crazy. Not knocking the OP, just wouldn't be my color choice (red & gray in my room right now). As others have said through, nice paint job.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Funny because I've been wondering about painting one of my rooms orange. I think I'd go with more of a burnt orange though. I think there's a guy here, UFGrad or something like that. If I recall his setup pictures his room is a burnt orange color. I'm a fan of it, oddly.

It looks good, would like to see more of the room tbh. Not for creepy girl reasons, just out of curiosity.

jellybean

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Wow, thanks for the compliments everyone! :)

love the color!!!!!!!!

carpet or hardwood floors?

Wood floors (well, laminate) which are unchanged from before. Was expecting to want to replace it, but it actually matches pretty well. :)

OP, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of camera did you use to take this picture?

Nikon D40x

It looks good, would like to see more of the room tbh. Not for creepy girl reasons, just out of curiosity.

I'll post a link to a MobileMe gallery once it's all finished and furnished. :)

jellybean

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Ok, big decision to make now. A few months ago I purchased a set of iPhone app coasters, and I'm wondering if I should take the ultimate geek step and TILE them to the wall, in the corner where my iMac will be on a glass desk. So indecisive! What do you guys think I should do? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.