Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:00 PM   #1
HarryPot
macrumors 6502a

Default page address.

How can I make the default page in my website appear without the "/default" at the web address.

For example, I type "mypage.com" and it redirects me to "http://mypage.com/default".

I want the web address to appear as "www.mypage.com". Is this done with some simple HTML code?

Thanks.
HarryPot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:04 PM   #2
DESNOS
Banned

Generally web servers default to index.html, so if you rename the homepage to that, it may work. The default page is settable though. It isn't done with HTML.
DESNOS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:24 PM   #3
Alphaspida
macrumors member

http://webdesign.about.com/od/beginn...index_html.htm
Alphaspida is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2011, 03:57 PM   #4
aarond12
macrumors 6502a

What hosting service are you using?

Also check to see if there is an "index.html" (or any index.??? or default.??? files) in the "root" of the website. That may be redirecting the page to the /default folder.

Thirdly, does it matter? If your page is working, does it matter that it has the /default after it? It could be something weird that your hosting service (see the first question) might be doing for their own strange level of security.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development