Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:38 PM   #1
jfyrfytr25
macrumors 6502a
 
jfyrfytr25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
BodyGuardz Question

I installed a full skin on my iPad2 last night. I have done several in the past of the Best Skins Ever variety and always made my own solution.

Last night I used a bodyguardz retail kit that included the solution with it.

now I have little bubbles that look like carbonation in a soda. I never had this with my own solution and I am wondering if this is normal and if so, how long does it take to go away?

Here is a pic of what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	338.1 KB
ID:	290866  
__________________
rMBP 13" 2.6GHz/256GB, Macbook Air 11" Late 2010, Apple TV, iMac 27" 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo, iPad mini & iPad 3, white iPhone 5 16gb

Last edited by jfyrfytr25; Jun 23, 2011 at 02:46 PM.
jfyrfytr25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2011, 05:28 PM   #2
dukedvl
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfyrfytr25 View Post
I installed a full skin on my iPad2 last night. I have done several in the past of the Best Skins Ever variety and always made my own solution.

Last night I used a bodyguardz retail kit that included the solution with it.

now I have little bubbles that look like carbonation in a soda. I never had this with my own solution and I am wondering if this is normal and if so, how long does it take to go away?

Here is a pic of what it looks like.
I had the same problem with BodyGuardz along with about 20 bubbles that were not there the night before when I finished applying the skin. It will go away but I don't remember how long it took for them to completely disappear. The carbonation like bubbles went away faster than all of the other bubbles that came up. There was one bubble that took over a week to completely go away.
dukedvl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2011, 05:46 PM   #3
jfyrfytr25
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
jfyrfytr25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Ok thanks!!!!!
__________________
rMBP 13" 2.6GHz/256GB, Macbook Air 11" Late 2010, Apple TV, iMac 27" 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo, iPad mini & iPad 3, white iPhone 5 16gb
jfyrfytr25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2011, 06:37 PM   #4
h00ligan
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
This is exactly what users of BSE were experiencing, myself included. Not sure if that helps you, but it's not limited to BG.

While it improved with BSE, after 10 days it was still present to a minor degree for many of us.
h00ligan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:06 PM   #5
truciet
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by h00ligan View Post
This is exactly what users of BSE were experiencing, myself included. Not sure if that helps you, but it's not limited to BG.

While it improved with BSE, after 10 days it was still present to a minor degree for many of us.
It'll go away in a few days. It'll take time though so don't wait on it lol.

I still don't know how people can use those skins...I hate the rubbery feel on them
truciet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:58 PM   #6
h00ligan
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by truciet View Post
It'll go away in a few days. It'll take time though so don't wait on it lol.

I still don't know how people can use those skins...I hate the rubbery feel on them
It shouldn't still be there in 10 days, which was the case with the bse front. I've used skins for ten years, never seen the phenom of it never curing..makes me winder if there is something different about the oleo phobic coating this time.
h00ligan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bodyguardz Disables Internal Microphone chazmink MacBook Air 6 Sep 9, 2011 10:13 AM
Safari Question! MilkMan4 Mac Applications and Mac App Store 6 Jul 22, 2011 01:51 AM
Flashing Question Mark has me pulling my hair out momech OS X 8 Dec 30, 2010 11:47 PM
Just a Question about Next Gen Macbook Pro (not a whether to buy now or not) macnerd123 MacBook Air 7 Dec 20, 2010 09:48 PM
Flashing question mark folder on startup Penny's Geek OS X 6 Nov 17, 2010 07:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC