Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:50 PM   #1
jdtx63
macrumors newbie

Consolidating files with applescript

I've found this applescript & it almost does exactly what I need, apart from that it produces a folder of aliases rather than copies of the original files.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=125101

I want to select a source & destination folder & then have the script go through all the subfolders of the source folder & copy them to the destination folder. Simple? Unfortunately I don't any applescript experience
jdtx63 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:03 PM   #2
subsonix
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtx63 View Post
I want to select a source & destination folder & then have the script go through all the subfolders of the source folder & copy them to the destination folder. Simple? Unfortunately I don't any applescript experience
How do you want to select the folders, with a GUI? Why not just alt + drag the folder to create a copy?
subsonix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:09 PM   #3
jdtx63
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonix View Post
How do you want to select the folders, with a GUI? Why not just alt + drag the folder to create a copy?
The script I tried uses Finder to select the source & destination folders. I don't just want to copy a folder / files. I want the script to go through each subfolder of the source folder & copy the files into a single destination folder. The script does that but creates an alias for each file.
jdtx63 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming