Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 25, 2011, 02:20 PM   #1
ghsNick
macrumors 65816
 
ghsNick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Battery Indicator Charged, but not 100%

Okay I've read the Battery FAQ's and I still don't know why mine is a little off.

I calibrated it correctly 2 days ago. It's fully charged, but shows 99%.
But on iStat it says 100%.

Not a big deal, but why doesn't my MBP show 100%?
__________________
21.5" iMac (2011) | iPhone 5C 32GB (White) | iPod Classic 120GB
ghsNick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2011, 02:21 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoejohndoes View Post
Okay I've read the Battery FAQ's and I still don't know why mine is a little off.

I calibrated it correctly 2 days ago. It's fully charged, but shows 99%.
But on iStat it says 100%.

Not a big deal, but why doesn't my MBP show 100%?
This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ
Pay special attention to the CHARGING section.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2011, 02:24 PM   #3
ghsNick
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
ghsNick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ
Pay special attention to the CHARGING section.
Did you even read that I already read that? lol
So even after calibration it's normal to not show 100% charged?
__________________
21.5" iMac (2011) | iPhone 5C 32GB (White) | iPod Classic 120GB
ghsNick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2011, 02:28 PM   #4
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoejohndoes View Post
Did you even read that I already read that? lol
So even after calibration it's normal to not show 100% charged?
Did you read the CHARGING section, as I suggested? It fully explains it.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2011, 02:32 PM   #5
ghsNick
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
ghsNick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Did you read the CHARGING section, as I suggested? It fully explains it.
Yeah I did. I thought the calibration would correct that though.
It's not a big deal. Thanks.
__________________
21.5" iMac (2011) | iPhone 5C 32GB (White) | iPod Classic 120GB
ghsNick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2011, 02:35 PM   #6
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoejohndoes View Post
Yeah I did. I thought the calibration would correct that though.
It's not a big deal. Thanks.
Quote:
The battery may appear to stop charging between 93 percent and 99 percent, because the batteries are designed to avoid short discharge/charge cycles in order to prolong the overall life of the battery.
Calibration doesn't remove that functionality.

Last edited by GGJstudios; Jun 25, 2011 at 02:40 PM.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2011, 06:44 PM   #7
MJNBGA
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Zealand
Mine says that too, it's absolutely fine.
MJNBGA is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MBP Charging... then NOT charging problem g33 MacBook Pro 5 Jul 19, 2011 12:32 PM
MBP battery at 95% but not charging. Jeremy Gray MacBook Pro 3 Oct 16, 2010 10:52 PM
battery still charges up to 100% even if it starts out above 95% jenny.lee12 MacBook Pro 3 Aug 15, 2009 06:31 PM
Fully charged, but not 100%? Luzzio MacBook 2 Mar 1, 2008 04:46 AM
ipod battery appears dead but not charging!!!PLZ HELP! Pistol Pete iPod 3 Aug 25, 2005 01:54 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC