Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 27, 2011
I'm currently looking to buy a new laptop. I currently have a Dell inspiron 1525. I've had it for 3 years and still runs pretty well. But its starting to get a little sluggish.

I want to know if white MacBook stains? And does it crack? Because I had a co worker who had a MacBook and it cracked.

Also does the 2 gb run smoothly? Or should I just put the Extra money out for the 4 gb

mcdonap

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2011
I have a 2007 MacBook. I use it everyday, it's been on many trips, and I have no stains or cracking.

I can't speak for the newer MacBooks, but mine ran fine with 2 GB ram. I did however upgrade to 4. (The upgrade I REALLY noticed was an SSD.)

I used pc's for over 20 years before I bought my Mac. I've been extremely happy with the Mac and OSX.

Good luck with your decision.

Dark Void

macrumors 68030
Jun 1, 2011
it shouldn't stain, it's just plastic, and it also shouldn't crack unless something accidental occurs like dropping it or whatever. the build quality of apple products is exceptional. whether or not 2gb runs smoothly depends on how you will be using it. keep in mind that the 320m is going to take 256mb as shared vram, so essentially you'll only have 1.75gb. that's more than enough to do everyday tasks, but if you are going to be using it for more than that then you should upgrade your ram (aftermarket to save $).

orfeas0

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2010
Athens, Greece
do NOT buy a macbook at this moment! Wait for july, it might get updated!! and if it doesn't, the macbook air will probably take its place. (or the macbook pro 13").
The thing is, the white macbook model they're selling right now as "new" is more than 1,5 year old! you should better buy a macbook pro 13" or wait for the updates in july

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.