Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
Today I received the long awaited Mas Design iPhone 4 Titanium backs. These are pretty sweet and they even include some sweet extras!! The back are Titanium plates with a plastic bezel and yes the bezel has metal posts. There is no issues with the camera flash and the quality so far is pretty good. You get a nice leather pouch with a real pentalope driver, not the cheap five way screw driver that will strip your screws a actual pentalobe drive.. I will have a full review up soon after some reception tests and use. Thanks and feel free to ask questions.(click images to enlarge!)
IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

IMG_4635.jpg

IMG_4636.jpg

bad angel

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2010
USA
I like the dark gray one best. Where can these be purchased (Google search didn't turn up anything useful)?

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Figured I'd throw a few images of mine up as well since they came today. I received two of the patterned backs, the RAW: Armor, and the RAW:patch. As Joe said above they come with a very nice leather protective pouch and a really nice pentalobe driver to remove the Apple screws holding the backplate in place.

RAW:patch on the left, RAW:Armor on the right of last photo

(Click images to enlarge)

dsc0263d.jpg

dsc0264o.jpg

dsc0265op.jpg

Shareen

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2011
Woow :eek: these are one of the best back plate replacements I've seen. I have spent quite a lot money on cases, skin protectors, back plates and I think these are the best metal ones.
Can you please link me to the site? I know they are not yet released but I am quite curious.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
Woow :eek: these are one of the best back plate replacements I've seen. I have spent quite a lot money on cases, skin protectors, back plates and I think these are the best metal ones.
Can you please link me to the site? I know they are not yet released but I am quite curious.

http://www.Maselements.com
site isn't fully up yet but will be shorty when they are released.

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
Thanks and feel free to ask questions.(click images to enlarge!)

This looks awesome. Thanks for the preview pics and looking forward to the review. This is the first back accessory I have been truly interested in (skin or plate).

2 questions - if you can answer before the full review:

1) Scratch resistance? Better than the glass? Enough to go naked (ie bumper, no screen protector).

2) Any effect on reception?

If good on both, I'm sold. I think this will look wicked with the Vapor Pro.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
This looks awesome. Thanks for the preview pics and looking forward to the review. This is the first back accessory I have been truly interested in (skin or plate).

2 questions - if you can answer before the full review:

1) Scratch resistance? Better than the glass? Enough to go naked (ie bumper, no screen protector).

2) Any effect on reception?

If good on both, I'm sold. I think this will look wicked with the Vapor Pro.

way more scratch resistant then glass its titanium. would be perfect with a bumper.

as for the reception- i am at home on micro cell and even with aluminum cases it shows signal lose, with the back on i see very little maybe 2 decibels at most, but i need to go out and test it some so stay tuned.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
The price is going to be $68 dollars, and that includes the leather pouch the pentalobe driver and the titanium back. I think it is a far price for the quality and the contents of the package. You can shoot them a email to order the backs before they get the site up and running, just go to http://www.maselements.com and click on email link.

Last edited:

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
The price is going to be $68 dollars, and that includes the leather pouch the pentalobe driver and the titanium back. I think it is a far price for the quality and the contents of the package. You can shoot them a email to order the backs before they get the site up and running, just go to http://www.maselements.com and click on email link.

I tried emailing you and when I click send, it does nothing. I want both black and natural. How can I order them?

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
I tried emailing you and when I click send, it does nothing. I want both black and natural. How can I order them?

i don't sell them, i am just reviewing them. you have to click the contact link on the site and ask them about sales, they are limited quantity for another week or so when they take their site live.

MotherFinMike

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
San Diego California

I just clicked contact info button and asked them when can pre-order one an they emailed me back asking for shipping info/gsm or CDMA(CDMA is about 1-2 weeks out) /color an they also said that the earliest would be Tuesday they might be available (gsm) I am assuming

kvaughan

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2011
Received an email that mine has shipped today. Ordered the black brushed. Will try to post some pictures once it arrives.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Here's a few shots of mine. Been using it for about a month now and I love it. No problems with reception even though I get really awful signal in my area.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_2488.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_2515.jpg
    IMG_2515.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 454
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.