Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordanjclay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
I just noticed on iOS 5 that if you start scrolling through your past messages while the keypad is up, and you drag your thumb over the keyboard it will disappear.

In iOS 4 you had to clear out of any text in the text field, go back to the list of messages from other contacts and then go back in to see the entire messages in a full screen view.

I don't think I've seen this posted anywhere, and I just discovered it tonight.

The DRis

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I just noticed on iOS 5 that if you start scrolling through your past messages while the keypad is up, and you drag your thumb over the keyboard it will disappear.

In iOS 4 you had to clear out of any text in the text field, go back to the list of messages from other contacts and then go back in to see the entire messages in a full screen view.

Yes it's new to the Beta 2 release. Pretty rad. I was whining all last release about a way to get rid of the keyboard. I was elated when it happened.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania

Sweet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.