Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
I have looked at a few smart cover friendly cases but i cant seem to settle on one. First i was going to get a feather until i learned you cant take the smart cover off. Then i looked at Speck's offering and it seemed good but some of the reviews i have seen give a few quality control concerns.

Anyone have any suggestions? I noticed SGP makes a smart friendly cover but i have yet to look into it. thanks

Lagmonster

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
I have looked at a few smart cover friendly cases but i cant seem to settle on one. First i was going to get a feather until i learned you cant take the smart cover off. Then i looked at Speck's offering and it seemed good but some of the reviews i have seen give a few quality control concerns.

Anyone have any suggestions? I noticed SGP makes a smart friendly cover but i have yet to look into it. thanks

Waterfield / sfbags.com if you are OK with a slip-in type case. I love mine. The stuff they make lasts forever. And made in USA too.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I think the OP is looking for a cover/case for the back of the iPad.

Belkin also make such a case called the Snap Shield but it also seems to have quality control issues. Switcheasy make something called a CoverBuddy and that seems to have got good feedback and I've not heard of any quality control issues. If you look through the first two or three of pages of this forum you will probably come across threads on other brands. There are quite a few cheap ones for sale on the Internet and in particular EBay but I wouldn't trust them.

linwx

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2011
I was looking for smartcover friendly cases but decided to get a protection film instead.
An alternative if you can't find a case you like.
Can't seem to find a case which colour is true to the smartcover.
And for me, carrying an ipad around daily is a chore, and with a case, it adds to the weight.

I am using a bodyguardz protection film for the back of the Ipad.
i will say that installation is difficult, but it improves the grip of the Ipad.
Just that you need to get through the 48 hrs of having misting on your Ipad after installation.
The sides are peeling off a little bit after 1 month of usage.
Might be trying Invisibleshield or Klearzkin (just saw a thread on this), when my current one peel off more.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
Thanks for the suggestions, I have narrowed it down a bit i think between the switcheasy coverbuddy and the sgp harmonie. I did also find some ones on Amazon that are 10-15$ that also get good reviews. I might try one as well since they are cheap enough.

The only thing a newspaper has over the ipad is the weight :) i find myself having it sit on my lap most of the time or i do use the smart cover as a stand. It does get heavy after a bit.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I use the Belkin Snap Case and absolutely love it. The only downside is that some seem to be cracking, but it's nothing that Belkin won't replace. IMO, 30 bucks is cheap enough that if I had to replace it (after warranty), it won't break the bank.

Belkin's site

Macrumors thread on the case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.