Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Hey guys. 1 1/2 weeks ago I bought the leather smart cover, the cover it self looks pretty good thus far, but I want to maintain it so it lasts for a good while. What should I use on it?

However. the black smart cover bleeds. My clear back iPad case is stained black, is there anything I can do to avoid this? And does it ever stop bleeding? I would rather the smart cover not stain every case I decide to use! I was going to magic eraser the back of the case to clean off the black and hopefully not have that problem again.

Hope you knowledgeable people can help!

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
I would think spraying some leather protector on the front of the smartcover would help keep it from staining or getting to dirty...I have some expensive watch straps that I use the leather spray with and it works quite well in protecting the straps from sweat stains and the like...

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Rub in with fingers
kiwi.jpg

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2008
thanks guys, the KIWI stuff was nice. I did not use the same one you used, but a similar one i had around the house. I don't know much about leather, but I hope it stops bleeding, black did come off while conditioning it today though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.