Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fozzy.1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
i had the same issue as here

attachment.php

to fix this issue you must
go to Edit
Then Preferences then
Under GENERAL you should see tick boxes. click on the Ringtones Tick
One that has been done click OK
then on the side where you see all you playlist eg , apps itunes, ping, you should see another file called RingTones (above your devices tab).

You Need to Put Your Ringtones in that file before you drag them onto you phone.

once you have put them in the Itunes ringtones file. then drag you ringtone from the ringtones file on itunes to you ringtones file on your iphone

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009

go to Edit
Then Preferences then
then on the side where you see all you playlist eg , apps itunes, ping, you should see another file called RingTones (above your devices tab).

You Need to Put Your Ringtones in that file before you drag them onto you phone.

once you have put them in the Itunes ringtones file. then drag you ringtone from the ringtones file on itunes to you ringtones file on your iphone

i haven't had any problems with custom ringtones in 5 beta 2. done the same way i always do create ringtone send to itunes in devices on iphone under ringtone tab check mark the one i want and sync.

Dimmick

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011

go to Edit
Then Preferences then

What issues were you having? I just made a couple last night with the old fashioned "create ACC version" method I've always used.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.