Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jun 29, 2011, 02:29 PM   #1
SQUIJIT
macrumors newbie

Trying to record in garageband. Not working.. Help would be greatly appreciated

I'm trying to record with a Rode NT1A microphone and it's connected to my computer through USB via the yamaha audiogram 6.

I've opened up garage band and tried tracking a guitar and when it records it shows the audio levels correctly and looks as though it's recording audio but when you play it back it's completely muted and has no sound. My computers audio is working fine it's just what I'm recording with this microphone setup thats muted and I was wondering if anyone knows the issue?
and can suggest a way to fix this?

Thanks a lot
SQUIJIT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:38 PM   #2
chrisbetty
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUIJIT View Post
I'm trying to record with a Rode NT1A microphone and it's connected to my computer through USB via the yamaha audiogram 6.

I've opened up garage band and tried tracking a guitar and when it records it shows the audio levels correctly and looks as though it's recording audio but when you play it back it's completely muted and has no sound. My computers audio is working fine it's just what I'm recording with this microphone setup thats muted and I was wondering if anyone knows the issue?
and can suggest a way to fix this?

Thanks a lot
Go into Prefences under Garageband then click on the Audio/Midi tab.Check what you audio output is,Perhaps it was set to the Yahama Audiogram 6.Marageband did this to me when i hooked up mu Apogee One,I now have my audio output set to System Setting,Being that i switch between the speakers and the One's output.
chrisbetty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 09:27 PM   #3
SQUIJIT
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, I tried this earlier and garageband was set to "USB audio codec" I switched that around and tried all my options and nothing seems to be working as of yet...

The photo attached shows the recording level bar which is set to the minimum and greyed out so I cannot change it....

Not sure what is going on but I would love to start using this new mic haha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-06-29 at 9.25.03 PM.png
Views:	64
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	291700  
SQUIJIT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:00 PM   #4
chrisbetty
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUIJIT View Post
Thanks for the reply, I tried this earlier and garageband was set to "USB audio codec" I switched that around and tried all my options and nothing seems to be working as of yet...

The photo attached shows the recording level bar which is set to the minimum and greyed out so I cannot change it....

Not sure what is going on but I would love to start using this new mic haha
Are you having problems when you try playing the guitar or trying to hear it when your playing back a recorded peice?
chrisbetty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2011, 06:48 AM   #5
mroddjob
macrumors member

Double check that the volume levels on the individual tracks are turned up, and that they aren't muted or another track soloed.

Have you tried recording the track then closing Garageband, unplugging the usb box then re-opening the track and playing it through the built in speakers?
mroddjob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2014, 05:46 PM   #6
Niall999
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroddjob View Post
Double check that the volume levels on the individual tracks are turned up, and that they aren't muted or another track soloed. http://bestxforsale.weebly.com
weebly.com vaporizers for sale
Have you tried recording the track then closing Garageband, unplugging the usb box then re-opening the track and playing it through the built in speakers?

Thanks man, i had literally tried everything else.. i had stupidly muted it by accident

Niall

Last edited by Niall999; Jul 5, 2014 at 07:21 AM.
Niall999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Tags
garageband, help with garageband, no sound, rode nt1a