Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forcesteeler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
My Application was rejected anyone know how do i change the file access read and write in XCode 4

Heres what apple said

2.30 Apps that do not comply with the Mac OS X File System documentation will be rejected

Jun 29, 2011 08:35 AM. From Apple.

The application is creating files in, writing to, or opening for Read/Write access the following location:

~/Library/Application Support/LawDocuments

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
Here is the applicable standard. Not sure exactly what they are complaining about. There's no specific mention that applications should not write to this directory, though there's some implication that perhaps this is to be used only for files that are put there at installation time.

http://developer.apple.com/library/...al/BPFileSystem/Articles/WhereToPutFiles.html

Perhaps you've run afoul of the naming convention. If your application is not called "Law Documents", then that's likely the problem. Also, if you plan on coming out with additional applications, you probably should use your company name in the path. Something like:

~/Library/Application Support/My Company/My App/Law Documents

If these are files that your user creates, they almost certainly belong instead in:

~/Documents/My Company/My App/ or perhaps
~/Documents/My Company/My App/Law Documents

(The latter if your app creates some OTHER kind of documents as well).

As to the XCode 4 "how" (and the question you posed is really a meaningless question. There's no way to do this "in XCode 4". "In Objective-C", or "in C++", or "in Perl" makes sense... Xcode is just a project management and code editing tool...) how did you write them where you are writing them in the first place?

What Apple is saying is "write them somewhere else, not here!"

jiminaus

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Sydney
If these are files that your user creates, they almost certainly belong instead in:

~/Documents/My Company/My App/ or perhaps
~/Documents/My Company/My App/Law Documents

(The latter if your app creates some OTHER kind of documents as well).

But I disagree with putting the documents in ~/Documents/My Company/My App. The only place they should be put is were is the user chooses to put them via the Save As panel. Programs should not pollute a user's ~/Documents, or from the other side, a user should be in complete control over ~/Documents.

If you don't want to allow your users to save their files where they choose, then don't store them in ~/Documents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.