Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sciencia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Hello everybody,

I have a iMac i7 2010 model with a ATI HD5750 1GB and my hardware warranty is about to expire and I'm pretty concerned about a problem in my graphics card. I'm not a gamer but any game I tried to play I have a bunch of crazy lines coming for all different directions and showed that in this post. I've tried everything possible to solve it and nothing changed even reinstalling the OS from scratch.
The point now is how to prove the graphics card is failing?? I have run tests from OpenGL app and the problem also happened there as you can see in my other thread. Is there any other way to stimulate the graphics and prove to apple they have to change my graphics card?? I called apple and they said they couldn't do anything because the problem was apparently only on games not in the OS or apps but after all those tests it must be a problem in the card not in the software and it doesn't show up in other apps because they don't use that much resources.

Thanks a lot,

Pedro

Detrius

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2008
Apex, NC
If the person said that they couldn't do anything because it only happens in games, then the person you spoke with is a moron. Apple provides tools to service providers that will test the hardware, and even if Apple's (admittedly weak) tools can't find anything, it doesn't mean that the graphics card is good. If you can duplicate the issue easily in a clean OS, then what's left is basically hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.