Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:05 PM   #26
tbayrgs
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Corwen View Post
But we don't care about haters, and we are not blind, in fact we can see better. We know what we like and thoroughly enjoy the aesthetics and it's not a blind admiration, but a well thought out one that all of the earth agrees with, Americas, Asia, Europe, everyone loves apple. We are not blind. We have great reasons to believe what we believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmoser View Post
If all the earth loves apple. Why is Microsoft winning in the sales of computers. Why is android winning in smart phone sales.
Pmoser, just quit while your ahead, before the headache you get from banging your head against the wall sets in.
tbayrgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:08 PM   #27
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmoser View Post
If all the earth loves apple. Why is Microsoft winning in the sales of computers. Why is android winning in smart phone sales.
...guys...

I'm out.

Peace
Bobby Corwen is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:11 PM   #28
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God
 
-aggie-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where bunnies are welcome.
Only an immature child posts “iPhone is great! Android sucks.” Just stick with “iPhone is great!” There’s really no reason to mention Android here. If I wanted to hear about Android, I’d be on an Android forum, not here.
__________________
Google with site:macrumors.com as a parameter.
DFU Mode
-aggie- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:20 PM   #29
radiogoober
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by -aggie- View Post
Only an immature child posts “iPhone is great! Android sucks.” Just stick with “iPhone is great!” There’s really no reason to mention Android here. If I wanted to hear about Android, I’d be on an Android forum, not here.
Android is generic garbage. The only reason there's a lot of copies of it out there is because it gets spammed on every crappy handset on the market. Probably 95% of Android users don't know they are actually running Android.
radiogoober is offline   -4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:27 PM   #30
Savor
macrumors 68020
 
Savor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Welcome to pretty much any forum that ever existed. If there was a forum about knitting, people will find ways to argue in one. A world of cyber bullies and internet tough guys.

Apple can be polarizing and MacRumors happens to be a large community. There probably is more activity around here than general Android forums and cell phone boards like Howard Forums. This isn't just Apple-centric. Look at the thread about what is our favorite dumb phone or which phone would we have if iPhone didn't exist? Many posters know their smartphones and followed other brands before. There is even a thread somewhere here showing people's Android homescreen or if we use both an iPhone AND Android phone together? It is a big community that isn't here to praise iPhone all day. Many have experiences with other OSes and are duel-wielders or perhaps own a MacBook but carry around a non-iOS phone or tablet. I personally don't think anyone should care. Like what you like. Nobody really cares if you think a particular OS is your favorite or the best evah!
Savor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:50 PM   #31
boss.king
macrumors 68040
 
boss.king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiogoober View Post
Android is generic garbage. The only reason there's a lot of copies of it out there is because it gets spammed on every crappy handset on the market. Probably 95% of Android users don't know they are actually running Android.
Do you seriously believe that? There's no way you can be this ignorant. There are lots of Android handsets out there because it is open source and has been adopted by most phone companies. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
__________________
LG Nexus 4
iPad Mini
boss.king is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:16 PM   #32
AppleDApp
macrumors 68020
 
AppleDApp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp700p View Post
Why should iPhone fans be forced to defend Android? Why be fake about it? Android simply can not compete with the iPhone. I find more Android users going back to iPhone then iPhone users going back to Android.
Learn your facts. Yes I agree the iPhone is great. It lacks in some areas that I can overlook but to say that android can't compete with the iPhone is false.

Android have a variety of phones at different prices points (bigger market)
Android is fragmented
Android marketplace is more open then the App store

The iPhone was one of the first truly revolutionary smartphones meaning the average consumer felt the need to get one.
iOS does lack some features but iOS 5 took the good of android and implemented it in the OS.
Having one phone avoids fragmentation, reduces the market demographic
Having a closed App store avoids fragmentation.

I believe Android will occupy a bigger market share over time. Use whatever phone is best for you.
AppleDApp is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:21 PM   #33
yg17
macrumors G5
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: St. Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiogoober View Post
I think it's really peculiar too. This is an Apple forum. I can't for the life of me imagine being such a lifeless loser to troll the Android or HP or whatever forums. It's so strange they hang out here and just crap on Apple software and hardware.
Apple makes more than the iPhone. It's possible to have a Mac, iPod, iPad and an Android phone.
__________________
Barack Obama is not a foreign born, brown skinned, anti-war socialist who gives away healthcare. You're thinking of Jesus.
yg17 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:23 PM   #34
wordoflife
macrumors 604
 
wordoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Because half the posts that trash Android are by people who have no idea what they are talking about. The posts are completely wrong and inaccurate.

We're not defending Android, we're just simply saying that you're wrong.

Last edited by wordoflife; Jun 29, 2011 at 11:29 PM.
wordoflife is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:00 AM   #35
mrmacosx
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Corwen View Post
Please dont resort to calling people names.

The same can be said "blindingly ignorant" to those who think iOS is not in a class of it's own meaning you have no taste for fashion or design or aesthetics.

Every time someone tries to downplay the iOS we know you are just jealous.

Are you so blind you can't tell the difference between something elegant and something 2nd rate?

Who ARE these people? Stop saying we are fanboys. Apple is the envy of planet earth.

Act like it.
Every time you try to downplay Android we know it's only because you are just jealous.

It goes two ways.

Way to prove tbayrgs's point, btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiogoober View Post
Android is generic garbage. The only reason there's a lot of copies of it out there is because it gets spammed on every crappy handset on the market. Probably 95% of Android users don't know they are actually running Android.
Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

Where did you pull '95%' out from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordoflife View Post
Because half the posts that trash Android are by people who have no idea what they are talking about. The posts are completely wrong and inaccurate.

We're not defending Android, we're just simply saying that you're wrong.
Exactly what I wanted to say
mrmacosx is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:00 AM   #36
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
If you notice in this thread it's the same usual suspects too.

Its obvious what their hidden agenda is.

Undercover Apple haters.

Some guy with a 3GS just tried to say someone didn't know first hand whatever they were talking about when he has 2 year old tech. Sure if you got the old screen and slower phone you think Android has caught up. Haha.

Man these threads are so indicative of jealousy.

People can't handle that everything is not equal. In life and in phones.

Ugly people always try to say looks don't matter and good looking people just ignore them.

If people honestly think nobody is better or superior than anyone else than they are living in a very sad, very fake, very insecure reality.

You guys are racing around the track and iPhone is already at the finish line.
Bobby Corwen is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:07 AM   #37
mrmacosx
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Corwen View Post
If you notice in this thread it's the same usual suspects too.

Its obvious what their hidden agenda is.

Undercover Apple haters.

Some guy with a 3GS just tried to say someone didn't know first hand whatever they were talking about when he has 2 year old tech. Sure if you got the old screen and slower phone you think Android has caught up. Haha.

Man these threads are so indicative of jealousy.

People can't handle that everything is not equal. In life and in phones.

Ugly people always try to say looks don't matter and good looking people just ignore them.

If people honestly think nobody is better or superior than anyone else than they are living in a very sad, very fake, very insecure reality.

You guys are racing around the track and iPhone is already at the finish line.
Everybody's got a hidden agenda, haven't they? What's yours?

Let me answer for you, since that seems to be what you enjoy doing- "there's no hidden agenda- it's clear to the world".

Mr Jobs, you're not as convincing as you think you are

If you're a typical iPhone user... wow haughty much?

Haven't been on here for a year and you remind me why I left this place, unfortunately.

Last edited by mrmacosx; Jun 30, 2011 at 12:13 AM.
mrmacosx is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:32 AM   #38
s15119
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp700p View Post
\
Your thoughts?
It's an iPad forum. That's my thought.
s15119 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:44 AM   #39
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmacosx View Post
Everybody's got a hidden agenda, haven't they? What's yours?

Let me answer for you, since that seems to be what you enjoy doing- "there's no hidden agenda- it's clear to the world".

Mr Jobs, you're not as convincing as you think you are

If you're a typical iPhone user... wow haughty much?

Haven't been on here for a year and you remind me why I left this place, unfortunately.
My hidden agenda is truth.

I'm more interested in truth than allowing everyone equal opinions like children on a playground. Truth is useful. That's why people come on message boards. If you want to have an opinion-festival go on twitter.

On a proper board, truth should thrive.

You guys don't realize that your jealousy makes you downplay the iPhones' position on the throne, and the best choice in phones period -- by a longshot.

This does not lead to truth and is useless.

Bias is not cool. Lying to reach a favorable outcome for your chosen device is not cool.

Truth should prevail.
Bobby Corwen is offline   -5 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:46 AM   #40
tigress666
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington State
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Corwen View Post
Ugly people always try to say looks don't matter and good looking people just ignore them.
You got negative for this line.

Just cause you prefer good looking people doesn't mean everyone does. And those who don't think looks matter are lucky (I'm not saying I'm one of those, I am shallow in that looks do matter to me). Because they can focus on the more imporant aspect of some one, their personality, how honest they are, how good a person they are, etc.

And in general, you're wrong. Sometimes a spade is a spade. Sometimes when some one says they don't like something... *gasp* they don't like it. Just cause you disagree with them or don't have the same priorities doesn't make them only saying that cause they're jealous. The fact you feel that means you have no ability to comprehend any different point of view other than your own.

As to the OP's question, I do find it annoying the amount of flaming the iphone we get on this forum. It's a freaking iphone forum. Have some respect and if you must say something against the item the forum is dedicated to, at least do it with tact. It's one thing to have calm discussion on the differences of the phone (this one has a larger screen, this one operates this way), but it gets really annoying listening to android fans who go, "Only people who don't know how to get around tech like the iphone." or "only fanboys who refuse to admit they're wrong (or alternatively you must be a fanboy since you think the iphone is better than <insert phone of choice>)" and other things along those lines.

I think I have to agree with some one else, it would be nice to be able to discuss these things without people resorting to insults (including labeling people as fanboys any time they defend their choice of phone as a way of trying to make it seem like their opinion shouldn't count).
__________________
2010 Macbook Pro, 2007 Macbook, gutted out Gateway (still a PC, only case is original) that needs an OS installed on it, 400 MHz G4, non working Macintosh Performa (I really should chuck that one).
tigress666 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:53 AM   #41
maclaptop
macrumors 65816
 
maclaptop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Hemisphere
Actually it's simple really.

I buy and enjoy both iPhones and Androids.

They are both excellent in their own different ways.

Those who cannot appreciate the differences are the ones that lose.

It's that simple.
maclaptop is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:09 AM   #42
mrmacosx
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Corwen View Post
My hidden agenda is truth.

I'm more interested in truth than allowing everyone equal opinions like children on a playground. Truth is useful. That's why people come on message boards. If you want to have an opinion-festival go on twitter.

On a proper board, truth should thrive.

You guys don't realize that your jealousy makes you downplay the iPhones' position on the throne, and the best choice in phones period -- by a longshot.

This does not lead to truth and is useless.

Bias is not cool. Lying to reach a favorable outcome for your chosen device is not cool.

Truth should prevail.
So what you're saying is that your opinion = the truth?

You may think that the iPhone is the best choice in phones, and I completely respect that. Doesn't mean it is the best choice for everyone.

So you know what? You're right, truth should prevail, and bias is not cool. But your statement is not 'truth', it's 'opinion'. It's also a horribly biased opinion too.
mrmacosx is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:09 AM   #43
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclaptop View Post
Actually it's simple really.

I buy and enjoy both iPhones and Androids.

They are both excellent in their own different ways.

Those who cannot appreciate the differences are the ones that lose.

It's that simple.
That is absolutely not the way you would describe the way things are right now if you wanted to give someone who didn't know anything a truthful honest assessment of the way things are.

It's more like iPhone does all the basics much better and android has a few perks (less now after notifications) that make it a better choice to only a unique market.

Assuming you don't carry around multiple items unnecessarily, the argument is that one would make the smartest choice based on their wants and needs.

Now if your wants include a bias towards apple in the decision making process, that end-opinion is not helpful to someone who doesnt share that hatred for Apple and the so called "form over function" debate.

Therefore a pattern of subliminals emerges. I can already notice 3 people who historically fit this subliminal pattern in this very thread.
Bobby Corwen is offline   -4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:17 AM   #44
mrmacosx
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Corwen View Post
That is absolutely not the way you would describe the way things are right now if you wanted to give someone who didn't know anything a truthful honest assessment of the way things are.

It's more like iPhone does all the basics much better and android has a few perks (less now after notifications) that make it a better choice to only a unique market.

Assuming you don't carry around multiple items unnecessarily, the argument is that one would make the smartest choice based on their wants and needs.

Now if your wants include a bias towards apple in the decision making process, that end-opinion is not helpful to someone who doesnt share that hatred for Apple and the so called "form over function" debate.

Therefore a pattern of subliminals emerges. I can already notice 3 people who historically fit this subliminal pattern in this very thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Corwen View Post
My hidden agenda is truth.
Quote:
On a proper board, truth should thrive.
Quote:
Bias is not cool. Lying to reach a favorable outcome for your chosen device is not cool.

Truth should prevail.
Take your own advice some time, will you?
mrmacosx is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:20 AM   #45
Jagardn
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmoser View Post
If all the earth loves apple. Why is Microsoft winning in the sales of computers. Why is android winning in smart phone sales.
To answer both of your questions, there are a ****load of them on the market and they are inexpensive.
Jagardn is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:21 AM   #46
maclaptop
macrumors 65816
 
maclaptop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Hemisphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Corwen View Post

Therefore a pattern of subliminals emerges. I can already notice 3 people who historically fit this subliminal pattern in this very thread.
Provide a link to the subliminal pattern.
maclaptop is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:22 AM   #47
Reach9
macrumors 68020
 
Reach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In America
I honestly felt that Android OS > iOS before iOS 5. But after the WWDC event, I felt that I could use my iPhone as a true smartphone again, and iOS > all other mobile OS, imo.
Reach9 is offline   -3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:24 AM   #48
skier777
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Android is well designed and free. Despite this site being named Macrumors, its not just a cult for people willing to lick Steve's shoes. People recognize that other companies make quality products and offer their opinions of that. Nothing wrong with that from my perspective.

I have a Mac, i love it, but I also think lenovo/ibm make great computers. Most of the things discussed on these boards are not black and white issues, but most people make them out to be.
skier777 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:30 AM   #49
iSayuSay
macrumors 68030
 
iSayuSay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
People love to defend things they have, or like.

Most of us hates to admit "I got an [insert your gadget here], but honestly it sucks, I shouldn't buy it in the first place. Damn was I wrong"

Most of us like "I own $200 Monster HDMI Cable, and the difference is night and day!!!" .. the keyword is I OWN

People want to convince themselves that they had bought the best option available. No matter it's Mac this, iWhatever, Android that, Alienware something. You own it, you'd defend it as much as possible
__________________
The things you own end up owning you.
It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything
Sent from Paper Street Soap. Co
iSayuSay is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:31 AM   #50
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmacosx View Post
Take your own advice some time, will you?
I haven't made any statements. I haven't brought up any topic points for you to say that about. There is no arguments or opinions/ideas on the table. The scope of this is not details.

If I was arguing it would be choppy scrolling, laggy behavior, and generic design.

Now just like in science we can have theories and experiments, in conversations/debates we can employ logic using the rules of sound reasoning and critical thinking.

People always say opinion this opinion that butthat is more of a social PC notion to not make anyone feel bad or defensive. But when aspiring to find truth, methods can be used to reach logical conclusions.

In a logical debate the iPhone is clearly a winner, but they know that so they use sleeze tactics to try to downplay the glory of Apple like it's just another equal contender with subliminals and choice of phrases that indirectly try to attack the notion that iPhone is the best and there is no competition arguably.

They can't argue straight on directly so they try to do it in sneaky round about ways and it's all with the intent to get under our skin.

It's like aggie said, it's an iPhone message board! Have some respect and come back when Galaxy S 3 come out, maybe we can have a reasonable debate then.

I am not afraid or angry at the idea of a phone beating the iPhone, but I do get annoyed when people subliminally act like it has already happened when it clearly hasn't.
Bobby Corwen is offline   -3 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nevada Rancher, people defend him? G51989 Politics, Religion, Social Issues 718 Jun 18, 2014 05:30 AM
Note 2 and Other Android users who moved to iPhone hbksabhi Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 38 Oct 7, 2013 04:23 AM
People selling iphone for android phones! DB14ify Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 33 Jun 19, 2013 02:37 PM
Why do Fandroids defend Android tooth and nail? xcodeaddict Wasteland 1 Mar 11, 2013 11:14 PM
Moved to Android, iPhone still receives iMessages RossMacca Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 3 Jul 31, 2012 01:29 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC