Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Calbretto

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
Toronto
Just wondering if Apple is supposed to include a free screen cleaning cloth with the iMac. I have a 27" cinema display at work and it came with a nice black cloth, but my recent iMac didn't. I know it's not a big deal, but I am just curious. :)

likegadgets

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
US
Just wondering if Apple is supposed to include a free screen cleaning cloth with the iMac. I have a 27" cinema display at work and it came with a nice black cloth, but my recent iMac didn't. I know it's not a big deal, but I am just curious. :)

Did not get one on my 2011 iMac 27"

88 King

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2011
London, UK
I didn't got one for my 27" imac either. Did got one for the macbook pro and air. No major loss though as I only used them to clean my phone screen couple of times before they got lost.

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
I didn't receive one with my MacBook Pro 2011, but I do know for a fact that they include it in the box. It was just a mistake.

You can call up Apple and ask them to ship you one. I did and got it within a few days. Although from the sounds of the responses here, they're not giving them out with iMacs any longer. Bummer.

Last edited:

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
i7 2011 iMac and I didn't get one either. I was rooting around for it today after I did my RAM upgrade and got some mega fingerprints.

Harrummphhh.

spcdust

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2008
London, UK
i7 2011 iMac and I didn't get one either. I was rooting around for it today after I did my RAM upgrade and got some mega fingerprints.

Harrummphhh.

Seems that the 2011 imac are now minus the cloth - my work took delivery of 13 iMac's a couple of months ago (2010 models) and all had cloths. Just taken delivery of 6 x 2011 iMacs and cloth is no more.

spcdust

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2008
London, UK
Stand by for Apple's revolutionary iCloth. We'll have Jonathan Ive waxing lyrical about it's amazing design and technological breakthrough in cleaning ability and all for a reasonable £19.99. I can see the queuing masses camping outside the stores so they can be the first own the Apple iCloth.

jmoore5196

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2009
Russellville AR
You get nothing... its all cheap as possible now.

I'm not sure the exclusion of a 6" square of microfibre cloth quantifies the packaging as "all as cheap as possible now."

I doubt the decision to include the OS on a USB stick for the MacBook Air was a cost-cutting move.

The packaging is elegant, minimalist, costly to produce, and excels at what it is supposed to do ... protect the device within. To my mind, there's nothing about the Apple experience that qualifies as "cheap."

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Stand by for Apple's revolutionary iCloth. We'll have Jonathan Ive waxing lyrical about it's amazing design and technological breakthrough in cleaning ability and all for a reasonable £19.99. I can see the queuing masses camping outside the stores so they can be the first own the Apple iCloth.

Made from aluminium and smashes your screen on impact.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.