Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mccokers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2011
Hello guys,

I need your help. I created a new apple ID on my iTunes. Then went to Settings, then Store to update my new Apple ID on my iPhone 4. Successful. Now when I open my App Store to download some new apps, it was still showing my old iTunes ID, even when Im downloading new apps.

Please help. Tried as well resetting all my Settings on the phone. It was still using the old iTunes ID.

eezing

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
To Remove AppID form AppStore:

Go to AppStore > Featured > Scroll to bottom > Tap the account button > Sign Out and Sign back in with a different account.

derm318

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2005
I have also changed my apple id but when I go to update old apps downloaded under my old apple id, it will not let me use my new one. I no longer know the password associated with my old apple id. Is there any way to get the update without having to purchase the app again?

lisamarie7269

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
i bought this phone off someone and have the same problem but I dont have accsess to their id password as they are still using it in their new iphone what whill i have to do so i can update the apps already on the phone

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
i bought this phone off someone and have the same problem but I dont have accsess to their id password as they are still using it in their new iphone what whill i have to do so i can update the apps already on the phone

You cannot. You either need their password or you need to delete the app and download it with your ID

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.