Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jun 30, 2011, 07:40 PM   #1
redshovel
macrumors 6502

Equalizer for Mac

Can anyone recommend a sound equalizer app for than would work system wide over all apps. Overwrite the iTunes EQ etc work with Spotify that does not have an EQ function.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 10:14 PM   #2
ChrisA
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshovel View Post
Can anyone recommend a sound equalizer app for than would work system wide over all apps. Overwrite the iTunes EQ etc work with Spotify that does not have an EQ function.
I think you would be using be external box. Really it's not hard to setup. To take line out to the box then from there to a pair of powered spekars or an amp. If you are concerned at all about sound quality you never want to use a digital volume control. leave the on-screen sliders at max. Same with EQ leave it off. Doing either kill dynamic range and adds noise. The AudioSource EQ200 sells for about $110. The go to Radio Shack and buy a $50 audio level meter. Use that to mmeasure a test signal and set the sliders to flat.
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2011, 03:54 AM   #3
redshovel
macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply ChrisA.
That all sounds good but more than I really require or was looking to spend.
I managed to solve the problem using a program called ‘Boom’, that I purchased from the app store for £2.99
Its main function is to boost volume to speakers for the likes of DivX movies etc., However its also includes a option to download an EQ that works system wide and overwrites any other than apps contain – such as the EQ in iTunes.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 03:19 AM   #4
JapanScott
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshovel View Post
Thanks for the reply ChrisA.
That all sounds good but more than I really require or was looking to spend.
I managed to solve the problem using a program called ‘Boom’, that I purchased from the app store for £2.99
Its main function is to boost volume to speakers for the likes of DivX movies etc., However its also includes a option to download an EQ that works system wide and overwrites any other than apps contain – such as the EQ in iTunes.
You might also look for the Scythe SDA-1100. I'm using this with an old pair of Minimus 7's and it works great.
JapanScott is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio