Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:55 AM   #26
Cox Orange
macrumors 65816

did one of you two see the finale?
Cox Orange is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 02:52 PM   #27
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox Orange View Post
did one of you two see the finale?
yeah, the us women choked it away TWICE. what an embarassing performance.

whats even more pathetic is the media coverage of it. if this was the mens team, the media would be calling them out for choking. but since it's the women's team, it's "we're proud of what you accomplished".
zioxide is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:19 PM   #28
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zioxide View Post
What's even more pathetic is the media coverage of it. If this was the mens team, the media would be calling them out for choking, but since it's the women's team, it's "We're proud of what you accomplished".

I love the smell of condescension in the media.
iJohnHenry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:41 PM   #29
Cox Orange
macrumors 65816

I know it will not be of high interest, but I thought it would be worth mentioning, since some interesting combinations will be involved.

There will be a fare well game for Birgit Prinz (former women's german national team top player), who played a bad world cup in 2011 and retired afterwards (now working as a psychologist for a minor soccer team).

German women's national football team - VS. - 1. FFC Frankfurt (involving international guests!)
(aired on eurosport at 6pm Frankfurt time, on March 27th 2012). Maybe DFB-TV will show it on the internet, too.

Now, the interesting thing is, she will be playing with her home team 1. FFC Frankfurt (which is kind of the FC Bayern of the women's football). More than one third of the national team is also from Frankfurt (Garefrekes, Bajramaj, Behringer, Bartusiak, Maroszan,...) and will be playing for Frankfurt. Then there are two well known players from the Swedish national team who play for Frankfurt (Landstrom, who was one of the two top goal scorers for Sweden during the World Cup and Thunebro, defense). There is Ali Krieger (and Gina Levandowski) from the American National team and Percival from the Australian national team, as well as Kumagai from Japan national team.
Nadine Angerer (who can be considered as one of the "better" goal keepers, I'd say) is from Frankfurt, too, but since one of the younger ones was playing for her the last time, it is not quiet sure on which side she will play.

Both teams will be having guests as additional players, too.

I know the (how do I translate it) women's games between local teams are not as entertaining as games between national teams are (like during the world cup), but maybe this will be interesting, because of the concentration of better known players (from the world cup 2011).

Btw., a mention for those from Switzerland: Ana Maria Crnogorcevic will be playing for Frankfurt, too.

PS: I was watching the fourth final of the champions league of women soccer, recently. A team from Moscow has bought off a fair amount of the US and Brazilian national team, some well known players, too. They played against Potsdam from Germany and I must say the game was not quiet entertaining and the VIPs Moscow bought in did not pay off for them. I hope this will not be the same for the game between Frankfurt and the German national team, because this will make it boring... (the fourth final of Frankfurt against Malmoe had a good last 30min.. Most likely Frankfurt will play against Arsenal London in the 1/2finale).

Last edited by Cox Orange; Mar 24, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Cox Orange is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events