Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HelloPanda

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011
In this video they say that they have confirmed from 2 different sources that trucks filled with macbook airs are on their way to apple stores!!

Check it out here, foward to 8:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHk35Xu4ync

I hope he's right, but it seems unlikely since most sources are claiming that Lion won't be out until the 14th. Unless ofcourse, Apple adds some sort promotional code to the new Airs allowing users to download Lion for free.

htpw16

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
I hope he's right, but it seems unlikely since most sources are claiming that Lion won't be out until the 14th. Unless ofcourse, Apple adds some sort promotional code to the new Airs allowing users to download Lion for free.

Any Macbook purchased after June 6th will get Lion for free.

Duke15

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
Canada
I doubt it, there seems to be some bugs in the GM version and we've still not heard any rumors of the staff being trained or of the typical rumor which says a specific date the week or days leading up to its release

gcans

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I doubt it, there seems to be some bugs in the GM version and we've still not heard any rumors of the staff being trained or of the typical rumor which says a specific date the week or days leading up to its release

Well ive heard that july 5 was date....:confused:

Duke15

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
Canada
Well ive heard that july 5 was date....:confused:

lol i feel your confusion, I haven't seen that rumor though, do you have a link? Theres so many rumors going around though. From what i've seen most of the rumors right now point to earliest mid-july but with the problems with lion it might push it back more towards the end of the month. Also as i stated earlier we haven't heard rumors of the staff working late to prepare for something. Id be happy if your were correct though, the anticipation is getting annoying lol.

bk123

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2011
Am i the only one hoping for tomorrow morning?

Its 1am... I came back 2 see if there was a update lol..
SO yes I'm hoping for it too..
But I strongly am hoping for it to be released on the 7th so I will have my macbook air thats listed on ebay out.. currently 15 hrs remain for my listing =(

im borderline.. I want it to come out tomorrow but I don't want it to come out cause Im gonna lose some money on my current MBA..

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Hmm a 'circular' rumor (the best kind).

Like tracking a horse by following is hoof prints (A horse that you happened to be riding) ;)

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011

Wel, I am sure they would like to launch the new MBA at the same time as Lion, but what everyone is forgetting is that they don't HAVE to.

The fact that you will need Snow Leopard installed to get Lion makes it a possibility that they can start shipping these out with SL and give you a free voucher for Lion when it becomes available.

Again, I am doubtful they would do it like that, but there is that small amount of possibility that they could.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Wel, I am sure they would like to launch the new MBA at the same time as Lion, but what everyone is forgetting is that they don't HAVE to.

The fact that you will need Snow Leopard installed to get Lion makes it a possibility that they can start shipping these out with SL and give you a free voucher for Lion when it becomes available.

Again, I am doubtful they would do it like that, but there is that small amount of possibility that they could.

I am doubtful. The only thing we are going on is the supply constraint. No other solid leads. There would be leaks by now, so i'm just going to wait for those.

Could even be a while (weeks to a month).

People here are complete optimists (which is good, but prone to frowns :D )

Last edited:

bk123

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2011
I'm going to be really pissed off if they don't release this month.
1 of my laptops i just sent in for warranty replacement yesterday.. My MBA is listed on ebay under 24Hr auction and has reached $800...
Im going to be laptop less for about 10days + :OO

n8sco

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
I wouldn't trust this guy's claim one bit. If you look at the video at about 9:06 you can see him looking to the right as he talks about his source. That tells me that he's probably making it up. The security bit was something he threw in on the spot there. What people will do for attention. :(

charpi

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2006
I like the thread title. No matter which week you read it on, it will be true until the refresh finally comes.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I wouldn't trust this guy's claim one bit. If you look at the video at about 9:06 you can see him looking to the right as he talks about his source. That tells me that he's probably making it up. The security bit was something he threw in on the spot there. What people will do for attention. :(

going the way of the Buffalo i'm afraid.

gcans

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I was browsing the forums and someone said "Isn't there supposed to be some big thing happening tomorrow?" :apple::apple: Maybe Apple is releasing the new Macbook Air's tomorrow along with Lion....;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.