Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
USA
My sprint bill says I used 1,313,616 Of data last month. I was thinking of switching to verizon to get an iPhone. I'll be losing my unlimited data from sprint since by that time Verizom will be on their $30 2 gb plans.. My math sucks, would 1,313,616 be over or under 2gb of data? And whats the average amount of data the average customer uses? Thank you

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

marine0816 said:
My sprint bill says I used 1,313,616 Of data last month. I was thinking of switching to verizon to get an iPhone. I'll be losing my unlimited data from sprint since by that time Verizom will be on their $30 2 gb plans.. My math sucks, would 1,313,616 be over or under 2gb of data? And whats the average amount of data the average customer uses? Thank you

My guess is they are measuring it in bytes, meaning you used roughly 1.3 gigs, well below the 2 GB limit. And AT&T reports that the average customer uses, if I'm not mistaken, around 800 megabytes a month. They have a data calculator. Just google "AT&T data calculator" and tell it what you plan on doing.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
I'm on a student plan that allows me 1GB of data. Pretty small, but I never go much higher than 500MB. With that in mind, I have my e-mail push notifications on to push every 15 minutes, and I also watch video and surf the net occasionally. I honestly have no idea what I would do with unlimited data. It would be nice to have the possibility but I would probably end up tethering or something. :D

2GB is more than enough unless you're using your phone as your main source of internet.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.

We can't answer it unless we know EXACTLY what you want to use your phone for in the future.

In the last 2-3 months, friends of mine who NEVER used apps for anything started getting into radio-streaming online or Hulu/Netflix/HBO

They also do NOT have Wifi everywhere they go so some of that is done on the 3g network...thus they use nearly 2gb or more.

Now, if you have Wifi everywhere, no need.

But, if you do not (and judging by your usage, you dont)....I would think LONG and HARD about getting unlimited.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.