Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjandk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
Since installing Snow Leopard everytime I have a dialog box pop up that should be requesting license acceptance or some other input, all the instructions are displayed as AAAAAAAAAA's and all the boxes are filled with AAAAAA. This happens with all applications and in all different situations. Can't figure out what is going on. Can anyone help?
Here's a screen shot:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-07-04 at 12.02.05 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-07-04 at 12.02.05 PM.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 445

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I had something like this happen after installing MS Office 2011 on my wife's Mac. While MS Office worked fine, if she tried to go back and use Open Office.org, the fonts were tiny and unreadable on the screen. I downloaded and reinstalled OpenOffice.org and it put all its fonts back like they belonged and she was good to go. Was there any software you installed around the time you got Snow Leopard and that software may have corrupted some fonts?

Hansr

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2007
Move ~/Library/Fonts to the Dekstop then launch FontBook and make sure there are no additional duplicates then log off and back in. If you yourself put some fonts in ~/Lib then put those back, throw the rest away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.