Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scharfschutze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Hey guys I've had my iphone 3GS for close to 2 years now (will be 2 years in December).

Anyway up till 2 days ago my iphone 3GS was fine and never gave me any problems. But yesterday, I tried to charge my iphone since the battery was at 5% but when I plugged into the wall charger it doesn't charge. When I plug into my computer, it also similarly doesn't work (no indication that it's connected).

I've tried it on my laptop as well and the same thing happened. So this morning, my friend went down to the authorised reseller and the person there said it could charge (had to reset or something - but I think the person may be new and not sure because when I got home and tried it still wouldn't charge).

I even bought a new dock connector to USB cable and still it doesn't work. Have tried holding down the power button and the power + home button and nothing happens. (iPhone just simply shows the battery icon and the charger to connect to the outlet. After holding down power + home it just flashes before going blank again).

Pls help :p Sorry for the long post and uh any grammatical errors. English isn't my first language :eek:

KAKA2081

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
i suggest changing the dock connector .

=
Code:
http://www.ifixit.com/iPhone-Parts/iPhone-3GS-Dock-Connector/IF142-006?utm_source=ifixit_cart&utm_medium=cart_product_link&utm_content=product_list

randomusername1

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2011
Ipod touch 3g

I have the same problem but with my Ipod touch 3rd gen. It just won't recognize it. Do you already have a solution for this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.