Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnalan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Hi All,

Just a quick one, not being anal but my iPad2 has somehow gotten scratched on the screen, I really don't know how because i pretty much babyed it.

Just wanted to get your thoughts the scratches are not that obvious theres two of them and even though I don't think they are very deep I can still kinda feel them with the tip of my nail running over them.

So my question, do I have to be concerned about them turning into a actual crack or can the iPad2 screen withstand a few scratches?

Thanks,

Regards,
John

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
A scratch shouldn't ever turn into a crack. If you had a small crack, I'd worry that it would get bigger. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

johnalan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
A scratch shouldn't ever turn into a crack. If you had a small crack, I'd worry that it would get bigger. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Heya buddy,

Thanks for the response! Yeah I guess you're right, I just wanted to check if scratches turn into cracks, but hopefully not! :)

Cheers,

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
A scratch isn't the end of the world. :D Enjoy your iPad likes it's meant to be.

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Scratches can occur without you noticing and when you do notice them later there's no event to associate it with. This weekend I was wiping off a pair of way-too-expensive sunglasses that I treat very delicately and there was a sizable scratch that I didn't notice before. It happens. Pisses us off, but it happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.