Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nnkuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Hi guys,

I've recently started using the MS Outlook calendar I have at University to help arrange meetings and so forth, but am struggling to find a way of syncing the contacts to my iCal on my MBP/iMac/iPhone as if I try syncing via iTunes at university all of my other data gets removed. Is there any way around this?

Many thanks.

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Is your school willing to provide you with their mail server address that you can just add on your iPhone directly for OTA syncing?

As far as your Mac is concerned - exchange is only supported if the university runs Exchange 2007 SP4 or above.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Are you using a Windows computer at your university to do this? And are you using Outlook itself or the Outlook Web Access through a browser?

If you're using the Outlook program, Google offers a program called Google Calendar Sync that will enable bi-directional syncing between Google and your Outlook calendar. HERE is the link. Then you can enable calendar syncing with Google on all your Apple devices to get it going back and forth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.