Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Jul 5, 2011, 08:51 PM   #1
BonbonVanille
macrumors newbie

How do I recover deleted photos from my camera or fix this photo?

So I downloaded all the photos from my camera and deleted them only when I previewed a photo that I really need it came out like this:

So can I fix this photo or do I need to recover all my photos? I tried using Exif-Untrasher a free program because I don't want to buy one but it doesn't seem to work and says I don't have enough space for the volume...I really need this picture and don't know what to do. Thanks in advance!
BonbonVanille is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:30 AM   #2
victoria09
macrumors newbie

Sorry for a little bit late reply. Well, seems the photo is corrupted. I am not sure what caused it. Aslo as far as I know Exif Untrasher can only retrieve photos with JPEG format from external devices. So what kind of format were your camera photos?

Fixing this kind of photos won't be easy, I think the most effective way is to try recovering from your camera (memory card) for the originals. You may take a try of this Photo Recovery Mac Software. Though not freeware, just take the free demo to check if the photos can be found through the preview function. Once confirmed, then it's your option whether to buy it or not. Not to worry, price quite affordable compared to the value it brings.

Note: a simple deletion won't be necessary to erase the items on your camera immediately untill they are overwritten by new files (if you continue take more photos or videos, there might be a chance).

Next time, better make multiple copies and think about 3 seconds before you really want to delete something. Hope it helps. Best regards.

- Victoria
victoria09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 01:59 AM   #3
niksimpsons
Banned

Actually I am very much agreed with Victoria!! Fixing such kind of photo is really not an easy job. May I know which version of OS X your are using. If you upgraded to OS X lion be very careful in choosing the software that may harm your data quality. I have tried one photo recovery mac software some days back which supporting OS X Lion.
niksimpsons is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 05:26 AM   #4
Quad5Ny
macrumors 6502a

Do you have a Windows machine anywhere? If you do, download http://www.piriform.com/recuva.

Remember if you want to recover things;
  • Stop using the Memory card (if you keep using it your files will get overwritten)
  • Do not save the recovered files to the Memory Card until your finished recovering them (because again, you'll end up overwriting something). Instead save them to the computers HD.
Quad5Ny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2011, 02:39 PM   #5
Loa
macrumors 65816

Hello,

You may recover your pic using recovery methods, but if not, it's not all lost. You're missing pixels in the middle of the image, but 10 minutes in photoshop did this.

http://photo.solstices.ca/autres/CIMG2939.jpg

In full resolution, it would be longer, but a lot better.

Loa
Loa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:03 AM   #6
feithey
macrumors newbie

Your picture has corrupted, However, you can try some photo restore program to help you.
feithey is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:33 AM   #7
Macman45
macrumors G5

I actually don't think the missing data in that shot can be recovered. It's not there to begin with. If you are ultra talented, you might be able to clone in some info from a similar shot....maybe one taken at the same time? But the original is a lost cause I'm afraid, and I wouldn't throw money at it.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X