Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

codman1004

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Iowa
Call me stupid but I want to host my blog on a mac G5 power pc. I know I can run like mamp and stuff like that but I would like to host my own blog. I've heard of fantastico for wordpress but I'm not sure if that will work on blogs not websites. Is the realistic or completly insane. also I would like to have the functionality to in a power faliure, the server will switch from my server to the wp server. Is it possible

Thanks

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
It's less unrealistic/insane than it is pointless. You even state you want an external server to take over upon a power failure; why wouldn't you just host it on the external server to begin with? Plus, since you're asking the question, your G5 configured to host your website is probably going to be a security nightmare.

Just host it with a hosting provider.

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
How would it be a security nightmare? Run firewalls if that's such a concern but is not OS X on a PPC platform for simple webhosting plenty secure? I mean I know people do it all the time, so it really can't be that risky right....?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.