Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

this is funah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Berlin, Germany
There are probably previous threads about this, but I thought it would be smart to start a thread dedicated to those who used JailbreakMe by Comex, so we can help each other out customizing and finding tweaks.

Please post the names of the tweaks and themes visible!
this thread is made to help others in the customization process of their devices, NOT as a way to brag about what special layouts you have.

i'll start off...

icon layout uses gridlock

ysvs.png

Last edited:

youngplaya0228

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
What theme did you use for the icons? I tried my Noki theme from iPhone, but it's not working on icons so I'm trying to find a working theme to figure out what the differences are. Thanks!

Looks like Black UPS Darkness. Just downloaded that one now, and the icons look exactly the same. It's the third most popular ipad theme

TrulyYuki

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
Washington
Where can i find more ipad themes besides cydia? Just curious. I'll post mine as soon as I find all the tweaks and themes I wanna use. I can't wait!!! Love jailbreaking my istuff!

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
Right now I am so happy that my iPad2 is finally jailbroken that my home screen and lock screen is the Cydia home page. I'll change it in a few days, but I just like seeing it right now.

youngplaya0228

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up - now I have a project after I get off work.

No problem, but i have no idea what the folders are. And haven't done much to mines (mainly working on gestures and lock info), but this is what I have so far (using UPS)

9195c6eb.jpg

And the first thing imma do later is try gridlock and iflat!

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
No problem, but i have no idea what the folders are. And haven't done much to mines (mainly working on gestures and lock info), but this is what I have so far (using UPS)

I am assuming that if you pull up the icons packaged in a working theme, such as you posted, you should be able to determine the correct names and sizes. Then you would be able to take another theme, in my case Noki, and tinker with it and get it to work on the iPad 2. At least in theory. I'll let you all know how that works out (and how much work that is) tonight hopefully. :)

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
the gridlock thing is awesome so what do I do..just download that and put in a different theme and I can use them both together?

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
Matrix active screen in the background
Sbsettings for date, time and free memory info at top
Gridlock for icon placement
Mac OSX icons
Bolt for limiting battery to just percentage
Infinidock for unlimited icons in dock
Barrel for animated transitions between screens
And of course had to get the 5 row keyboard tweak

261307_10150241239412906_679052905_7228606_372181_n.jpg

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
HOLY MOLY that is GORGEOUS..can someone explain to me how this dreamboard thing works so I can download something like that..I am so used to winterboard themes

It's Boxor HD, but have fun trying to make changes to the standard layout. You can edit which apps you want in a small section, but the larger widgets are a pia to try and alter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.