Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:07 PM   #1
shawnff
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Iphone 3g Restore failure Itunes reads no sim card installed

Ok, where do I start, First off hello to everyone and thank you for any support you can give me.

Equipment:Iphone 3GS
Firmware: 4.3.3
Jailbroken: Not Currently, has been in the Past
Unlock: Never
Problem: My father tried restoring his phone dont ask At&t told him to do so. After restoring the phone it is stuck at the Itune logo USB cable page that allows the phone to make emergency calls, and the phone occationally reboots, After the restoring the Iphone Itunes says No Sim Card Installed. I have tried a known good Sim Card it is not the sim card. I have since attempted resoring it on multiple computers. If I try to restory from the Itunes logo and USB cable/ emergency call page, itunes give me error 3194 (I know this to be a signing problem but I have no clue why) If and when I put the phone in restore mode the phone will do a full restore, but once completed the phone goes back to the previous state.

I know this is long but any help would be great.
Thanks
Tim

History: First and formost the phone was previously jailbroken with both Blackra1n and Green Poison. In addition to this the host file on his computer did have the extention added to it to allow signing through cydia.
shawnff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:11 PM   #2
saving107
macrumors 603

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-itunes....3.3-firmware/

Quote:
Turns out, if you have changed your system’s host file to point to Cydia’s SHSH caching server (possibly for downgrading purposes), you wont be able to restore/update to iOS 4.3.3. iTunes throws Error 3194

Temporarily, you can fix this by removing Cydia’s SHSH caching server from your host file. This can either done manually by removing Cydia’s IP address from your system’s host file, or by simply using TinyUmbrella, instructions for which are as follows:
saving107 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:20 PM   #3
shawnff
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, I already removed the IP address from the Host file, this did not fix the problem. As to Tiny Umbrella, I know very little about it, I do have it doen loaded, but the only time I ever used it was to kick my Iphone 4 out of recovery mode, I will read the link, but if it has something to do with signing I dont think it will help.
Thanks
for the help and any additional help you can give.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:33 PM   #4
awadeee
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnff View Post
Thanks for the reply, I already removed the IP address from the Host file, this did not fix the problem. As to Tiny Umbrella, I know very little about it, I do have it doen loaded, but the only time I ever used it was to kick my Iphone 4 out of recovery mode, I will read the link, but if it has something to do with signing I dont think it will help.
Thanks
for the help and any additional help you can give.
Go into TinyUmbrella and uncheck "Set hosts to Cydia upon exit".
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:36 PM   #5
shawnff
macrumors newbie

That worked

I have no clue but unsetting the set hosts box worked. Thank you for the help.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:39 PM   #6
awadeee
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnff View Post
i have no clue but unsetting the set hosts box worked. Thank you for the help.
It does this because TU has control over that file no matter how many times you overwrite. Unchecking the box is the way to go.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 04:48 AM   #7
shnailiyo
macrumors newbie

iphone 3gs no sim card installed error

Hi

forgive my ignorance on this subject. I've had the same problem recently - i asked ATT to let me unlock my 3GS iphone and followed their steps. my phone now is stuck in the connect to iTunes mode. there's nothing left on the phone to access and even if there was i cannot get past the set up page on the phone. no amount of restores changes this. I've called telstra, apple and ATT to try to fix it with no luck. I've downloaded tiny umbrella but am unsure how to use this. So far i see no box where I can unselect the Cydia host. Sorry if this is a dumb question but i could honestly use some help
Thanks
shnailiyo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:00 PM   #8
Unique-me9
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saving107 View Post
Hello There,

I did what you Said but still my iphone doesn't read my SIM card !! plus

1) Cannot see the Apply Change !! in the TinyUmbrella

2) Still facing this error that cannot activate the update !

What should i DO !??

another question , How and can i find Cydia’s IP address ?? where is the Host file ?!! and how can i Remove it ?? I confused (
Unique-me9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone