Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jul 8, 2011, 09:40 AM   #1
gonknoggin
macrumors newbie

Question Vaja Premium Leather Sleeve vs. Sena Kutu vs. Ultraslim

I'm new to the forum, so hi to everyone ;-) I already used the search function and it seems the Sena Ultraslim is a fairly nice sleeve for the ipad 2.

I'm looking for a slim sleeve that holds my ipad with smartcover. I don't need a big bag or case and the form factor of the two mentioned Sena products as well as the Vaja Premium Leather Sleeve look very appealing.

Does anyone here own on of these, especially the Vaja or Sena Kutu and could share their experience? Or are there any reviews out there on net? Thanks!
gonknoggin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2011, 02:21 PM   #2
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604

The UltraSlim has got my vote You can check out the review of it (Smart Cover compatible version) on Gadgetmac.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 03:36 PM   #3
Mr.C
macrumors 68020

I can't comment on the Sena sleeve but I have the Vaja premium sleeve and love it. My iPad with a clear back cover as well as the Apple Smart cover fits perfectly in it and it has enough padding to prevent damage from bumps. Obviously it won't likely save it from a drop but then no sleeve will. I'm happy with it.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:19 AM   #4
levessh
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
I can't comment on the Sena sleeve but I have the Vaja premium sleeve and love it. My iPad with a clear back cover as well as the Apple Smart cover fits perfectly in it and it has enough padding to prevent damage from bumps. Obviously it won't likely save it from a drop but then no sleeve will. I'm happy with it.
Would an ipad with the belkin shield and smart cover fit in the Vaja?
levessh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:41 AM   #5
jsh1120
macrumors 65816

Don't have a Sena Kutu sleeve, but I did purchase the Sena Zipbook for less than $20 as a gift for a relative. The quality of the leather is excellent. Protection is superb. Looks are very professional. Fits both iPad 1 and 2 with a polycarbonate back protector. Also fits with SmartCover but has to be removed if the SmartCover is used.

In terms of this thread, the relevance is primarily to the overall quality of the Sena product line. I'd recommend highly, especially if you can find a price below MSRP.
jsh1120 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2011, 01:10 PM   #6
Mr.C
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by levessh View Post
Would an ipad with the belkin shield and smart cover fit in the Vaja?
Yes it will fit just fine. I have the Belkin Snap Shield and an Apple Smart Cover. The fit is a bit tight at first but after you have used it a few times it's fine. I'm more then happy with it. I'm not too keen on the Sena cases and sleeves myself. There are a number of other options you might want to consider like Piel Frama, Beyza, and Saddleback Leather to name a few. I want to also get a tan coloured leather sleeve and are considering these options as well as the various small sellers on Etsy.com.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 05:15 PM   #7
levessh
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
Yes it will fit just fine. I have the Belkin Snap Shield and an Apple Smart Cover. The fit is a bit tight at first but after you have used it a few times it's fine. I'm more then happy with it. I'm not too keen on the Sena cases and sleeves myself. There are a number of other options you might want to consider like Piel Frama, Beyza, and Saddleback Leather to name a few. I want to also get a tan coloured leather sleeve and are considering these options as well as the various small sellers on Etsy.com.
Thanks. And it will fit all the way in so that the ipad does not stick out of the top?

Appreciate your help.
levessh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2011, 06:34 PM   #8
Mr.C
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by levessh View Post
Thanks. And it will fit all the way in so that the ipad does not stick out of the top?

Appreciate your help.
It does fit all the way in. That said the way the Vaja premium sleeve is designed there is a small part on the top which is open so to speak in order for you to take the iPad out. You can see this on the images on their site. That said with the Smart cover on the iPad is not exposed anyway so it's not a problem in my opinion. I put the iPad in with the Smart cover facing that side and so far it's been fine. You can put it in the other way but I don't as it doesn't look nice that way.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories