Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:32 AM   #1
jdaniel
macrumors 6502a

Is there an easy way to change battery icon colour w/o winterboard?

So I want to be able to just use iphone explorer.. go into my phone replace some files and thats it. I dont want to install winterboard or any other tweaks or apps. winterboard in my opinion just bugs the phone up and slows it down.

So I would prefer just to have some files I can replace. Anyone who has done this can help me out and point me to where the files are at? THANKS
Old Jul 8, 2011, 01:59 PM   #2
heisenberg123
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaniel View Post
So I want to be able to just use iphone explorer.. go into my phone replace some files and thats it. I dont want to install winterboard or any other tweaks or apps. winterboard in my opinion just bugs the phone up and slows it down.

So I would prefer just to have some files I can replace. Anyone who has done this can help me out and point me to where the files are at? THANKS
i use winterboard so im just going off what ive read but i think i read somewhere that UIImages have to be themed with winterboard
heisenberg123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2011, 02:15 PM   #3
h1r0ll3r
macrumors 68040

Not sure which battery icons you're referring to (lockscreen battery or statusbar battery) but both are located in;

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

For the lockscreen battery images, they're named:

BatteryBG_1.png - BatteryBG_17.png

For the StatusBar battery icons, look for images starting with;

Default_Battery
FSO_Battery

Just to be on the safe side, you'll want to back up the originals just in case. Then, all you'll need to do is replace all the stock images with the ones you want.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 03:00 PM   #4
brayhite
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1r0ll3r View Post
Not sure which battery icons you're referring to (lockscreen battery or statusbar battery) but both are located in;

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

For the lockscreen battery images, they're named:

BatteryBG_1.png - BatteryBG_17.png

For the StatusBar battery icons, look for images starting with;

Default_Battery
FSO_Battery

Just to be on the safe side, you'll want to back up the originals just in case. Then, all you'll need to do is replace all the stock images with the ones you want.
Do the stickies have guides for where everything is located in the iPhone's file system? Otherwise, how would you find out what something is that you wish to replace without deleting it and trail by erroring it, which could take forever?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:45 PM   #5
jdaniel
macrumors 6502a

hi thanks for the responses yes.. I have read about where they are located some where or other but nice to have that info here.. key now is I am sure someone has these files somewhere with diff colours but I dont remb where I have seen them before though
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:53 PM   #6
IrishVixen
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayhite View Post
Do the stickies have guides for where everything is located in the iPhone's file system? Otherwise, how would you find out what something is that you wish to replace without deleting it and trail by erroring it, which could take forever?
On theming-centric forums, you may be able to find such a thing. There isn't one here. And it will change every time there's a firmware update, as Apple has a habit of changing file names to mess with themers.

However, unless you know what you're doing and are very careful, swapping system files this way is a good way to screw up your phone to the point where you will have to restore. People get careless, try to go too quick, and find themselves with a phone that no longer works until they can figure out how to fix what they've deleted/moved. Those new to jailbreaking should strongly consider using Winterboard. On an iPhone 4, the effect on performance is negligible at worst.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 03:39 AM   #7
jdaniel
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishVixen View Post
On theming-centric forums, you may be able to find such a thing. There isn't one here. And it will change every time there's a firmware update, as Apple has a habit of changing file names to mess with themers.

However, unless you know what you're doing and are very careful, swapping system files this way is a good way to screw up your phone to the point where you will have to restore. People get careless, try to go too quick, and find themselves with a phone that no longer works until they can figure out how to fix what they've deleted/moved. Those new to jailbreaking should strongly consider using Winterboard. On an iPhone 4, the effect on performance is negligible at worst.
its ok I restore my phone all the time LOL i iike to test out mods/tweaks and sometimes even after removing it, it just is never the same, so have to do a restore. Takes me 30 mins max in all so its no big deal. as a rule I use iphone explorer into my phone to change my sms icon to the old sms icon and the camera shutter sounds. I dont like using cyberduck and ssh or whatever you call that wireless thing LOL I much prefer iphone explorer.

Do you know any of these websites you are speaking of?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 06:51 AM   #8
jdaniel
macrumors 6502a

anyone ?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks