Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:52 PM   #1
wargasm
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up Picked up a ipad2 feather + smart cover

I had a feather for my ipad1 and loved it.

Saw they made one that clips over the edge of the smart cover so it doesn't come off and that's exactly what I wanted! Now I have thin protection that's nice and light and my smart cover no longer comes unclipped.

http://www.myincipio.com/iPad-2-Case...Shell-Case.asp

I'll try and throw some pics up.

War
wargasm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2011, 08:43 AM   #2
Mr.C
macrumors 68020

I think people have already discussed this here in other threads. I suspect you will find mixed views with most being negative due to the fact that you cannot take the Smart cover off without first taking the Feather case off. That's what put me off along with the fact that I had bought their original Feather case for the iPad 2 which they claimed worked with the Smart cover but didn't as it had no cut out for it. I think the Belkin Snap Shield or SwitchEasy CoverBuddy are far better options in this respect.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 04:30 PM   #3
bobright
macrumors 601

wargasm-

I know you have the Incipio Feather that is smart cover compatible, im interested in the regular Feather but im sure they are similar maybe you can answer.

Would you happen to know if a back body skin/shield would fit with the Feather on it? or would it be to tight?
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:38 PM   #4
wargasm
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobright View Post
wargasm-

I know you have the Incipio Feather that is smart cover compatible, im interested in the regular Feather but im sure they are similar maybe you can answer.

Would you happen to know if a back body skin/shield would fit with the Feather on it? or would it be to tight?
Hey Bob,

It fits really tite. I dont know if it would be possible for it to "snap" on the ipad if there was something between the two.

Heres a couple pics,

The BEST feature to me is how it clips over the smart cover to keep it from snapping off (which happened to me)...

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

War
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	555
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	293607   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.JPG
Views:	561
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	293608  

Last edited by angelwatt; Jul 13, 2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: timg
wargasm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 03:42 PM   #5
bobright
macrumors 601

Thanks for the response war so it seems it's a no-go then.

It looks nice though, but if it's really tight as is doubt it'd work. I want something slim but still want to keep my body skin on to protect and for resale value.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 05:24 AM   #6
Mr.C
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad View Post
Use the smart cover it helps u 2 keep the ipad safe.
As much as I like the Smart cover and only have good things to say about it one thing it won't do is keep the iPad safe especially from a drop.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 06:05 AM   #7
bobright
macrumors 601

Does anybody think the feather would protect from a maybe 2-3 ft linoleum drop? At least protect the frame from a dent?

I mean I know out on the concrete good luck but what about indoors?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories