Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jul 11, 2011, 06:03 PM   #1
NJRonbo
macrumors 65816

How to change account name on restored from jailbroken iPhone? Read On....

So I tried to jailbreak my brother's iPhone 4 (Verizon) using Jailbreakme.com

It installed Cydia, but then locked up.

I then realized that his software only goes up to 4.2.x and Jailbreakme.com works on 4.3.

(I could be wrong about all that above)

Anyway, I froze his iPhone. I had to do a total restore via iTunes.

Now here is the part where I am having a problem.

The iTunes and Mac I restored it on also shares iPhone accounts with two other people.

Miraculously, after restoring my brother's iPhone, I simply restored his information from a backup. All his contacts and emails were restored.

But here is the problem....

Somehow....his iTunes account is now under my email address.

That means, when he goes to buy an app from the Appstore, it comes up with my email address and calls for my password.

Is there any way of restoring his original account to iTunes while keeping all his individual data intact?

Thanks for the help.
NJRonbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2011, 06:13 PM   #2
Claude626
macrumors 6502

You can go into Settings and sign out of your account. Then proceed to sign in using his Apple ID.

On a side note, I just jailbroke 2 verizon iphones with firmware 4.2.8(their latest) and both phones either lock up or take A LONG time after nearly every respring.
Claude626 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2011, 06:16 PM   #3
NJRonbo
macrumors 65816

Claude,

Is it that easy? Just go into settings and sign out of the account?

Where exactly is that done within settings?

Once I do that, will it still retain all his email settings and imported contacts that ended up under the wrong account?

Finally....

I take it that the jailbreakme.com is not compatible with the Verizon iPhone?
NJRonbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks