Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
has anyone been able to do this? there are just too many new bugs in beta 3, imo beta 2 was better.. so now i just want to go back down to 4.3.3 ive tried the gs.apple.com trick and that doesnt work. when i restore thru itunes it simply says "preparing iphone for restore...." then hangs and eventually says the iphone cant be restored

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Ah man did you see it said you cannot downgrade from this version! Ok, try and put it into dfu mode and restore like that. Hopefully that will work!

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Ah man did you see it said you cannot downgrade from this version! Ok, try and put it into dfu mode and restore like that. Hopefully that will work!

itunes just hangs.. looks like im stuck on b3 no more 4.x for me :| fml

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
I take it the OP isn't an iOS developer and is stuck in beta hell.

Are you a dev and saying this makes you feel special? Maybe you're not a dev but you're jealous because you don't have the beta?

All in all, I don't understand why some people just have to get their rocks off in every thread where someone has a problem with the beta. Hell, I just made an observation that wasn't positive about Beta 2 once and got land-blasted with "ARE YOU A DEV? OMG OMG!"

***commence downvoting*** This place is turning into Reddit.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
Worst case scenario, literally Google "how to downgrade from iOS 5" and I guarantee you find a fix within 5 minutes.

I have accepted that asking Google questions like it's the End-All, Be-All usually gets me out of a lot of binds.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Things only ever go wrong for non-developers ?? imo these forums can do without posts like these.

it scares me people know how to code a program but cant figure out how to downgrade iOS

i wouldnt know the first about coding but downgrading/jailbreaking is very simple, so i think thats how people jump to conclussions around here

bagwaa

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
it scares me people post on forums without even trying what the OP is talking about, you can't use all the old methods of downgrading when it comes to beta3, try it yourself.

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
Are you a dev and saying this makes you feel special? Maybe you're not a dev but you're jealous because you don't have the beta?

All in all, I don't understand why some people just have to get their rocks off in every thread where someone has a problem with the beta. Hell, I just made an observation that wasn't positive about Beta 2 once and got land-blasted with "ARE YOU A DEV? OMG OMG!"

***commence downvoting*** This place is turning into Reddit.

Seriously...what need is there for a voting system on a forum like this? If the votes don't mean anything on a site like Reddit, they mean even less on MR. I rarely ever see positive scores on posts anyway, it seems like everyone just downvotes because they have the ability to.

If the system is anything like Reddit, then it works like this - upvote posts which are relevant and add to the discussion, downvote those which aren't. It has nothing to do with whether or not you agree with the poster or like what they have to say. Now watch me get downvoted.

Mr Slippy IV

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Vail, AZ
Alternatively, if you're a developer as you claim you are, use the 'Restore to...' (or something similar) command in your iPhone's profile, select your 4.3.3 ipsw, and boom, you're done.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Alternatively, if you're a developer as you claim you are, use the 'Restore to...' (or something similar) command in your iPhone's profile, select your 4.3.3 ipsw, and boom, you're done.

Pretentious much?

The latest iTunes beta does not allow the simple clicking of Restore while in your iPhone's profile page. It hangs at "Preparing iPhone for Restore".

Although I presume you're talking about X-Code and not iTunes?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
1. Downgrade iTunes by doing a clean install (try not to delete old library as new library is not recognized by old one so copy it first)
2. Download the ipsw for 4.3.3
3. Put iPhone in DFU mode (too lazy to type out how so google it)
4. Let iTunes recognize DFU mode
5. Hit restore and choose latest 4.3.3 backup if you want
6. You should be done

*Known issues:
iTunes beta library is not readable by current iTunes. Make sure you make a copy of current iTunes first.
There is a good chance the restore process will seem like it is doing nothing on the phone. The Apple logo stays persistent. This is fine... do not be stupid and cancel it and pull cable out. If you do, you will go in the restore loop which cannot be solved with another DFU. To solve this issue, you would need RecBoot to kick it out first and then try the same process again.

Note: if you're not a dev... wait till sept. Seriously. You guys are idiots literally because you are all downloading these betas and then leaving stupid reviews in the app store stating how the apps don't work on beta.

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
Note: if you're not a dev... wait till sept. Seriously. You guys are idiots literally because you are all downloading these betas and then leaving stupid reviews in the app store stating how the apps don't work on beta.

Being a Dev does not automatically make you smart. Trust me. Not being a Dev doesn't make you automatically an idiot. Trust me there too.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Being a Dev does not automatically make you smart. Trust me. Not being a Dev doesn't make you automatically an idiot. Trust me there too.

Seems like you did not read the english right. Let me make it simpler for you: majority of you who leave stupid reviews in the app store suggesting that it does not work for you are non-devs as you do not understand the basic idea that these apps which are not working are currently under development. Devs know this fact and don't leave such reviews (aside for one here or there). No where in the original post said that if you're not a dev, then you're an idiot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.