Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:50 PM   #1
DavidLeblond
macrumors 68020

Cleaning out my library

I was cleaning out my library to make room for new tunes when I realized I was screwing up. Occasionally I accidentally answered "No" when it asked if it wanted me to move it to the trash. Now I have who knows how many tunes on my HD but not in my iTunes library (although they ARE in the library folder.) So I want to clean out those tunes. I figured there would be an Applescript for this but I have yet to find it. Does anyone know of one?
Old Apr 6, 2005, 11:41 AM   #2
Loge
macrumors 68000

Does this do what you want? The script is called List Music Folder Files Not Added. Get it to search from the root folder of your library, and it should include all subfolders. At least it should tell you what the files are, leaving it to you to do the deletions.

http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/sc...p=listnotadded
Loge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 11:50 AM   #3
brap
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLeblond
I figured there would be an Applescript for this but I have yet to find it. Does anyone know of one?
You could just delete the iTunes library files, and rescan. Much less hassle (though you'll lose playcounts and ratings). iTunes really isn't good enough with regard absentee files to do without a nuking every now and again.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 12:59 PM   #4
DavidLeblond
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loge
Does this do what you want? The script is called List Music Folder Files Not Added. Get it to search from the root folder of your library, and it should include all subfolders. At least it should tell you what the files are, leaving it to you to do the deletions.

http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/sc...p=listnotadded
Hey that might actually work! Thanks! I'll try it when I get home.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod