Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Hacks

Old Jul 12, 2011, 02:03 PM   #1
cusechamps2003
macrumors newbie

Syncing to iTunes after Jailbreaking iPad 2

Hello, need some help on this one, I have been trying to sync some ebooks that are in epub file format that have worked on a Nook (and previously before jailbreak I had no issues syncing these through iTunes) but now I am having an issue getting the books to sync, as a matter of fact I think I am having an issue getting anything to sync since I jailbroke my ipad 2. Any assistance would be much appreciated?
cusechamps2003 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2011, 02:35 PM   #2
getyup
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusechamps2003 View Post
Hello, need some help on this one, I have been trying to sync some ebooks that are in epub file format that have worked on a Nook (and previously before jailbreak I had no issues syncing these through iTunes) but now I am having an issue getting the books to sync, as a matter of fact I think I am having an issue getting anything to sync since I jailbroke my ipad 2. Any assistance would be much appreciated?
Having no issues here, and I've synced several epub\mobi files to iBooks as well as Kindle App.

When I first JB'd I had installed NoLockScreen, so I had to click sync twice (once to wake, once to then sync).... but that was the extent of it. I uninstalled no lock, and now it's working fine with one click.
getyup is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2011, 03:14 PM   #3
cusechamps2003
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyup View Post
Having no issues here, and I've synced several epub\mobi files to iBooks as well as Kindle App.

When I first JB'd I had installed NoLockScreen, so I had to click sync twice (once to wake, once to then sync).... but that was the extent of it. I uninstalled no lock, and now it's working fine with one click.
Interesting, I have tried several times, it wants to sync but finishes quickly and I have also tried to un-sync books and they still stay on my ipad. I just feel like the actual syncing is having issues.

Are there any tweaks or apps that would make it easier to sync or add files outside of iTunes? I have iFile, and I tried unpacking the epub file so that all the components are there but it still would not show up in ibooks or the nook app I have???
Old Jul 12, 2011, 03:17 PM   #4
scottphillips88
macrumors member

My iPad 2 has been syncing fine since jail breaking. However, my buddies is doing the same thing as yours (not syncing all the way) after he jail broke. He has a beta version of iTunes, and going back to 10.2 fixed it. He was on 10.5 beta 2
scottphillips88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:16 AM   #5
cusechamps2003
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottphillips88 View Post
My iPad 2 has been syncing fine since jail breaking. However, my buddies is doing the same thing as yours (not syncing all the way) after he jail broke. He has a beta version of iTunes, and going back to 10.2 fixed it. He was on 10.5 beta 2
Ok so you he had to down grade to 10.2 or less? Not a huge fan of iTunes and I try to not use it very much, so as an iTunes dummy, how does one downgrade their iTunes? Thanks for the info

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Hacks