Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:03 PM   #1
cusechamps2003
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Syncing to iTunes after Jailbreaking iPad 2

Hello, need some help on this one, I have been trying to sync some ebooks that are in epub file format that have worked on a Nook (and previously before jailbreak I had no issues syncing these through iTunes) but now I am having an issue getting the books to sync, as a matter of fact I think I am having an issue getting anything to sync since I jailbroke my ipad 2. Any assistance would be much appreciated?
cusechamps2003 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:35 PM   #2
getyup
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusechamps2003 View Post
Hello, need some help on this one, I have been trying to sync some ebooks that are in epub file format that have worked on a Nook (and previously before jailbreak I had no issues syncing these through iTunes) but now I am having an issue getting the books to sync, as a matter of fact I think I am having an issue getting anything to sync since I jailbroke my ipad 2. Any assistance would be much appreciated?
Having no issues here, and I've synced several epub\mobi files to iBooks as well as Kindle App.

When I first JB'd I had installed NoLockScreen, so I had to click sync twice (once to wake, once to then sync).... but that was the extent of it. I uninstalled no lock, and now it's working fine with one click.
getyup is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2011, 02:14 PM   #3
cusechamps2003
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by getyup View Post
Having no issues here, and I've synced several epub\mobi files to iBooks as well as Kindle App.

When I first JB'd I had installed NoLockScreen, so I had to click sync twice (once to wake, once to then sync).... but that was the extent of it. I uninstalled no lock, and now it's working fine with one click.
Interesting, I have tried several times, it wants to sync but finishes quickly and I have also tried to un-sync books and they still stay on my ipad. I just feel like the actual syncing is having issues.

Are there any tweaks or apps that would make it easier to sync or add files outside of iTunes? I have iFile, and I tried unpacking the epub file so that all the components are there but it still would not show up in ibooks or the nook app I have???
cusechamps2003 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2011, 02:17 PM   #4
scottphillips88
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
My iPad 2 has been syncing fine since jail breaking. However, my buddies is doing the same thing as yours (not syncing all the way) after he jail broke. He has a beta version of iTunes, and going back to 10.2 fixed it. He was on 10.5 beta 2
scottphillips88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 09:16 AM   #5
cusechamps2003
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottphillips88 View Post
My iPad 2 has been syncing fine since jail breaking. However, my buddies is doing the same thing as yours (not syncing all the way) after he jail broke. He has a beta version of iTunes, and going back to 10.2 fixed it. He was on 10.5 beta 2
Ok so you he had to down grade to 10.2 or less? Not a huge fan of iTunes and I try to not use it very much, so as an iTunes dummy, how does one downgrade their iTunes? Thanks for the info
cusechamps2003 is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Still sync with iTunes after jailbreak? randyhudson Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 28 Apr 20, 2012 08:27 PM
How to jailbreak iPad 2 running iOS 5? Bhadresh Wasteland 26 Oct 26, 2011 10:56 PM
iPad 2 Syncing Issues benhollberg iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 6 Mar 15, 2011 08:43 PM
Can't sync with itunes after jailbreak - help! Ezdezat Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 9 Dec 23, 2010 11:47 AM
Will Touch Sync with iTunes after Jailbreak? konoyei iPod touch 2 Oct 12, 2007 12:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC