Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jul 12, 2011, 07:35 PM   #1
phillydogg28
macrumors newbie

In App purchases and ways to do it

I am building an iphone app for a company that would like to have subscribers sign up through the application and enter their credit card information. I know that in order to do one time purchases it has to go through in app purchases, but what about collecting the credit card info? how can i do that?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 08:18 AM   #2
psonice
macrumors 6502a

I don't think you'll be allowed to take credit card numbers through the app (and as a customer of the app store, I'm not sure I'd want you to!) If you support in-app purchase, apple will handle all this for you, and just send you a payment at the end of the month, but they'll take 30% for the service.

Look carefully at what Lodsys are up to before going down this route anyway - they're suing developers who implement in-app purchase for patent infringement. Take a good look at that before deciding what to do/how to do it (and if you're doing this for them as a contract, check the contract to see who is liable if anyone gets sued for infringement!)
psonice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 08:37 AM   #3
dejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydogg28 View Post
I am building an iphone app for a company that would like to have subscribers sign up through the application and enter their credit card information. I know that in order to do one time purchases it has to go through in app purchases, but what about collecting the credit card info? how can i do that?
The In App Purchase API is setup so that the user does not need to enter their credit card info from within your app. It will use the credit card associated with their Apple ID account.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 08:29 PM   #4
3lfk1ng
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by psonice View Post
Look carefully at what Lodsys are up to before going down this route anyway - they're suing developers who implement in-app purchase for patent infringement.
Don't even bother worrying about Lodsys. They are nothing but insignificant patent trolls who quickly got slammed by Apple so they moved on to Android hoping that people will give in. They have no grounds to target any developers, they might as well be a phishing scam at this point.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Tags
credit card, developer, in app purchase, iphone