Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
I've got one of the Three MIFI devices which has a regular sim in it. Has anyone here got one?

I'm wondering if I can take the sim out and cut it to a microsim size for use in the 3G iPad? Anyone done anything like this?

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
Why not just leave it in the MiFi and connect the ipad wirelessly? OK, it's an extra device to take with you, but they're not that big. Alternatively, get 3 to do a SIM swap for a micro sim and use an adaptor if you still want to use it in the MiFi.

Frosticus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2010
Bristol, UK
If you still need the functionality of the Mifi for other devices, then as others have suggested, simply connect the iPad to the Mifi. If you don't, then yeah, you can cut down the sim or pick up a micro sim from Three or O2 etc (they're free last time I checked).

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
I was thinking that I could cut the sim to micro-sim size and then use a regular sim adapter for putting it back in the Mifi. I've done it with sims before and don't find the cutting an issue so quite happy if it will actually work and Three won't mind the sim being used that way/be able to detect it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.