Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jul 13, 2011, 08:48 AM   #1
Mojer
macrumors member

Reeder app question?

Hello,

I am currently using Reeder along with Google Reader to read all of my RSS feeds. I like this program a lot. However, over the last few days I notice that my Ipad 2 now has 2000+ articles on it. I will never get to read all of these articles. Is there a way to have these articles automatically delete if they are not read within 24 hours, for example? Or is there any way to purge the articles. At this rate I will have over 100,000 articles in a short time and I can imagine that it will eventually have an impact on the space on my Ipad 2. Thank
Mojer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:30 PM   #2
thunderbunny
macrumors 6502a

I don't believe there is a way within Reeder itself. Maybe writhing Google Reader? You can just go into unread and mark everything as read occasionally. Maybe you've subscribed to too many feeds if you don't get to read them.
thunderbunny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 02:18 PM   #3
Mojer
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbunny View Post
I don't believe there is a way within Reeder itself. Maybe writhing Google Reader? You can just go into unread and mark everything as read occasionally. Maybe you've subscribed to too many feeds if you don't get to read them.
I tried on Google Reader however this option does not exist.
Mojer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 04:09 PM   #4
Phil Lee
macrumors 6502

I've not got my iPad to hand but from memory go to the Settings app, scroll down to the Reeder settings section and set how many articles to want to limit Reeder to and how long you want them to be kept for.
Phil Lee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 04:13 PM   #5
nutmac
macrumors 68020

Settings | Reeder | Unread Items > 1 day
nutmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps