Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Screen-shot-2011-07-13-at-6.10.17-PM.png

As part of its scheduled downtime, Apple has begun adjusting international App Store pricing to bring them in line with current exchange rates. The adjustments have resulted in both price increases and decreases depending on the geographic location. Here are pricing changes for the lowest ($0.99 USD) tiers:
UK: £0.59 -> £0.69
Australia: AU$1.19 -> AU$0.99
Japan: 115 -> 85 Yen
Mexico: $10 -> $12
Switzerland: 1.10Fr -> 1.00Fr
Norway: 6.00Kr -> 7.00Kr
The change reflects some recent complaints particularly pointing to the wide discrepancy in Australian App Store pricing as compared to the U.S. Not everyone is likely to be happy with the adjustments however, as the prices have gone up in the UK, Mexico and Norway.

As noted by MacStories, the countries affected were among those furthest out of line on pricing compared to the U.S.

The timing of the changes suggests that there may be some truth behind the recent claims that Apple will be adjusting international pricing on its soon to be announced hardware releases.

Article Link: Apple Adjusts International App Store Prices

Last edited by a moderator:

ConnorTurnbull

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2010
United Kingdom
Ridiculous. We pay more for hardware, and now this?!?

Seriously, might just be 10p. But then FCP X went up £20 with Motion and Compressor each up a fiver. iWork apps up £2. It all adds up.

You're not doing anyone any favours now, especially on the Mac side.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Extra 10p! WOOOT!? I'm actually slightly irritated by that. I will certainly be buying less apps I'm afraid. 59p was a comfortable price.

petercooper

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
I remember when the iTunes music store came out and it was 99p equivalent to 99¢.. so easy come, easy go.

nilka

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
I am really anoyed by this move. I live in Norway and when Apple introduced app store, our currency was weaker compared to the US$. It was about 6.3 norwegian kroner for 1 dollar, now w only have to pay 5.5 norwegian krone for 1$ and now they are upping our prices. Thats just ripping us off because they know we can handle it and nothing to do with currency adjustment.
Still I will be able to handle it I guess.

jdbr

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2010
Northern Ireland, UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

The dollar goes down but UK prices go up. Apple seem to have a dislike of their British customers. Ah well I'll just buy less!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.