Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bollweevil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
I use my MacBook Pro (Early 2011 edition, OS X 10.6.8) to play music as I go to sleep, and on various other occasions. The music plays in iTunes, and it comes out of an AirPort Express thanks to AirTunes. I like to keep the laptop on my bedside table.

However, my cat loves to walk on the keyboard and trackpad, and sleep on them (they are nice and warm, and also close the head of her favorite human), and she sometimes even closes the screen. She learned to push the screen closed when she wants my attention.

So I want to close the laptop preemptively, that way she can't type things and mess stuff up. But closing the laptop makes iTunes pause.

How do I keep iTunes from pausing, even as I close and reopen the laptop?

Thanks.

orfeas0

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2010
Athens, Greece
I use my MacBook Pro (Early 2011 edition, OS X 10.6.8) to play music as I go to sleep, and on various other occasions. The music plays in iTunes, and it comes out of an AirPort Express thanks to AirTunes. I like to keep the laptop on my bedside table.

However, my cat loves to walk on the keyboard and trackpad, and sleep on them (they are nice and warm, and also close the head of her favorite human), and she sometimes even closes the screen. She learned to push the screen closed when she wants my attention.

So I want to close the laptop preemptively, that way she can't type things and mess stuff up. But closing the laptop makes iTunes pause.

How do I keep iTunes from pausing, even as I close and reopen the laptop?

Thanks.

LoL my friend had a cat that liked his macbook too! It would step on the keyboard all the time etc, but yours sounds pretty smart too (closing the lid :p).
It seems cats love macs!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.