Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
This problem has only begun over the last couple of days. I plug in my iPad to iTunes and it Syncs. No problem. A couple of days ago when I checked why it was taking so long (usually the sync last only about 20 seconds or so) I see my iPad reloading all the already loaded apps. Now I can let it sync, unplug it from iTunes and right when it's plugged in again goes through the full process of loading all the installed apps again.
Is this happening for anyone else?
Is there a fix for this?

jake4ever

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
Ma'on La'oved, Hadera, Israel
This problem has only begun over the last couple of days. I plug in my iPad to iTunes and it Syncs. No problem. A couple of days ago when I checked why it was taking so long (usually the sync last only about 20 seconds or so) I see my iPad reloading all the already loaded apps. Now I can let it sync, unplug it from iTunes and right when it's plugged in again goes through the full process of loading all the installed apps again.
Is this happening for anyone else?
Is there a fix for this?

Strange, never heard of this problem...

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Not running any betas and not doing anything strange. iPad, not jailbroken and with the latest firmware and updated iTunes...
Here are more details. I've had to go into iTunes and turn off, "open iTunes iPad is connected" so at least I can charge my iPad without this happening each time. I've also removed just about every app I don't use on a regular bases so when I do click 'sync' (in the lower right of iTunes) it doesn't take as long as before to completely download each and every app as if it is the first time.

Still takes over five minutes though and the bummer is apps like djay loose all the settings in place and I have to go back in and redo my preferences.

So, that's what I am stuck with. A complete restore and the same problem: Once the iPad sync is activated all apps are downloaded again. Not the music nor movies or podcasts, but all the apps.
Just a pain until I stumble upon a way to fix!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.