Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:51 PM   #1
Kahnyl
macrumors 68000

Can't install XCode beta

The one posted on Monday. The checksum fails every single time. I've downloaded it five or six times over the past six days using a download manager and Safari and it either fails the checksum or the installation fails.

I'm running the Lion GM. The last XCode beta installed fine, but I'm not sure if the GM was out at that stage so I may have been running DP4.

Is anyone else having problems with it?
Kahnyl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 02:26 PM   #2
Hansr
macrumors 6502a

What about if you hit skip during the checksum?
Hansr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Kahnyl
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansr View Post
What about if you hit skip during the checksum?
Then the installation fails after around a minute.
Kahnyl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 05:05 PM   #4
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnyl View Post
Then the installation fails after around a minute.
Sometimes in the past I had started downloads twice and didn't cleanup the download folder. A dump question: did you removed the old downloads before retry and made sure you used the most latest downloaded file ?

If this is not the case log into the apple developer forum and ask the team there for help.
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 06:00 PM   #5
jiminaus
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnyl View Post
I've downloaded it five or six times over the past six days using a download manager and Safari and it either fails the checksum or the installation fails.
I cannot replicate your problem. I downloaded it using Lion's Safari. Perhaps try not using the download manager.
jiminaus is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming