Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
finally got the ole dual 450 out of the closet and using an 802.11g wireless pci card (belkin f5d7000) as per help in a previous thread.

down loaded the .dmg for dual processors and am at a loss.
1. Is this a terminial app?
2. If so can some one walk me through it?

I love macs cause I don't have to go to places like the terminal. I used to say I would rather be in hell than be in dos and terminal gives me high blood pressure.

I really need to get these 2 old processor humming cause sparklytone has been kicking my arse and I don't like it! :mad: ( ;) )

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Well I ran the script, this computer has 10.2.8 and needs a lot of updates, but in process viewer i have 3 F@H processes running, I can't tell what protiens or % complete.

I am confused, nothing unusual about that, just have some extra tonight!

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 106

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Like a smoker at a refinery, i tried some terminal commands from the read me, now I have 5 FahCore_78.exe running on the process viewer!

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 109

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
here is what "work" shows me...

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 109

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Ok, I really need help here. I am thinking that I should do a rid command and basically uninstall, but am not sure I understand the implications as stated in the "read me".

*WARNING* The command rid will remove .login and your user (not system) crontab.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
AmigoMac said:
You got a lot of replies... sorry I can't help but I couldn't resist! Priceless!! oh! and Good luck! ;) :)
Well I'm not shy of self deprication, but this forum is notorious for slow replies, thanks for your "priceless" though. :cool:

The folding community is very helpful, the real problem is that not many folders use the software to fold on 2 processors and therefore are not able to help extensively. This thread is a great example.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
looks like u started the process either by using start more than once

or

u installed it more than once

or

something else is going on :)

just use the rid command and try again. if u've never been in terminal before than this command's side effects won't affect you

if everything goes well u should only have 2 fahcores running. if not post again and we'll go from there

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
mc68k said:
looks like u started the process either by using start more than once

or

u installed it more than once

or

something else is going on :)

just use the rid command and try again. if u've never been in terminal before than this command's side effects won't affect you

if everything goes well u should only have 2 fahcores running. if not post again and we'll go from there

thankyou, here goes a run at "rid"
btw running 10.2.8 on dual 450 with 1.128 gb ram

edit: went in terminal, typed "rid" then responded "yes".

In process viewer there is no longer a F@H running.

will try another install. then type start once.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
do these look better?

Attachments

• procv.jpg
    procv.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 112
  • startpix.jpg
    startpix.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 116

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
yes that looks great

if u have that prob again just try stop first which should kill everything related to folding.

and thanks for donating ur machine to the effort :D

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
mc68k said:
yes that looks great

if u have that prob again just try stop first which should kill everything related to folding.

thankyou sir!

Back to folding!

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
CanadaRAM said:
stu there are some other threads already going on that subject... :D

I was reading the one I reference in this thread, and did some searches and of course FAQ, but did not find enough specific to my delimea.

But with the assist, I am now crunching my way to revenge sparklytones tire treads on my back and bumm. :p

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
stubeeef said:
I was reading the one I reference in this thread, and did some searches and of course FAQ, but did not find enough specific to my delimea.

But with the assist, I am now crunching my way to revenge sparklytones tire treads on my back and bumm. :p
See the :D ? reference to out of the closet? Notsogood humor I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.