Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

AppleInsider reports that this Wednesday may finally be the day that OS X Lion and new MacBook Air models finally begin shipping as consumers have been anxiously awaiting the releases.
According to people with proven track records who would be in a position to know, the new product launches are set to occur later this week. Specifically, one person said the products would be released on Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. Eastern.
Circulating rumors have claimed that the updated MacBook Air models will sport a minimum of 128 GB solid state drives and 4 GB of RAM, and will also see the return of a backlit keyboard.

macbook_air_lion.jpg

Apple has been reported to be holding new hardware launches until OS X Lion is ready so that it can ship the machines with the latest operating system pre-installed. A number of other new hardware updates are said to be pending, including a Mac mini refresh and an updated LED Cinema Display. New Mac Pro models have also been rumored for release later this month or early next month. All of the new releases are said to support the new Thunderbolt high-speed data connectivity standard.

Article Link: OS X Lion and New MacBook Airs Coming on Wednesday?

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Like I've been saying for weeks, after the financial conference call. They do not release products before hand.

Great news! Can't wait for Lion:D

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I don't see the issue in launching Lion today since it's ready and the rest of the world can buy a new Mac with it pre-installed Wednesday.

Tonewheel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
If I had a nickel for every time.....

Change the name from MacRumors to MacGuessing.

Gamoe

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2006
LOL! Every week a new rumored date. Gotta get it right eventually!

And I think this might actually be the right date!

(Otherwise, I am "predicting" sometime before August 1st :p )

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5259f Safari/6533.18.5)

I have this theory/rumor/BS/fantasy that Lion Day will involve a full Mac, iPod and iPhone refresh to really hit the media with a 'wow' factor.

A guy can dream ;-)

Lindberg

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Denmark, Aarhus
Hmm. doubt it. Would Apple do an announcement some time before the release. Or will they just from one moment to another become available on their website?

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Absolutely,

or the next day or the next day or the next day or the next day or the next day

164 more possibilities to be right this year.

radge

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
When Wednesday comes and the MBAs/Lion isn't released the day after there will be a "Refreshed Macbook Airs to be released next Wednesday?"

I love speculation.

Mac21ND

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
A source at the Apple Store told OS X Lion to be released this month!

er... wait...

Patrick J

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Oporto, Portugal
Absolutely,

164 more possibilities to be right this year.

They said they would release in July. 13 more possibilities.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
I think someone sits at their computer and is like, "I think this date...Rumor."

Boom! All over the internet as the next "solid source" for a rumor...when it could be some Joe Schmo.

BUT, if it is Wednesday I'll be very happy since it's my B-Day and I need an Air!

Samsumac

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
"people with proven track records who would be in a position to know"....

Are these the same people making the predictions last week or the week before that... :p

c0heed

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2011
Well if you say everyday that it would come tomorrow, you will definitely be right sometimes! I think that's the strategy here :)

I hope it will come out on wednesday but maybe it'll be a surprise like last week...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.