Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jul 19, 2011, 04:08 AM   #1
politech
macrumors newbie

listing accesible devices in network

hi,
i want to create app,wich will list me accessible devices in my network(i connet to my network with my iphon and app shows my other computers or devices that are in that network so i can work with them). And i dont know if there is an api for it so i could use it or is there other way to do it?

i read something about Bonjour as a way to see devices in net, but since the devices is my own construction it doesn't have Bonjour on it. So my question is-is it possible to install it on device and use it in way that i could see that device in my iphone app and then by other way send and recive little bit of data from it?

Last edited by politech; Jul 19, 2011 at 06:49 AM.
politech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:42 AM   #2
jiminaus
macrumors 65816

Perhaps have your iOS app send out a broadcast and then listen for responses from your device(s)?
jiminaus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:50 AM   #3
politech
macrumors newbie

ok, buts its not an issu now, becous i'm strugling to understand idea of Bonjour and to know if i can install it on my openwrt device
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:58 AM   #4
jiminaus
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by politech View Post
ok, buts its not an issu now, becous i'm strugling to understand idea of Bonjour and to know if i can install it on my openwrt device
Bonjour is Apple's brand name for multicast DNS and DNS service discovery. Perhaps you can install Avahi on your device?
jiminaus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 02:17 AM   #5
politech
macrumors newbie

ehh my bad - i went wrong to it.
The best way is as u said- to use web services server on my device wich will answer to request from iphone client. So my question-wich webservice to choose when device is lighttpd web server with php v 4.x

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming