Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:43 PM   #1
Kaleyeatspaint
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Kaleyeatspaint
Unhappy iPhone stuck in "Apple Logo Reboot" Mode. Heeeelppp!

My iPhone 3gs 4.3.4 is stuck in a rebooting cycle. It will not load into the home screen or even turn off. I have tried the holding 10 seconds button mashes but nothing is working. Can I restore it using a program or even somehow get it into dfu mode or something? I have a Macbook 10.6.7. I really can't figure it out. If anyone here knows how to fix it, it would be lovely to try out some things! Thanksssss
Kaleyeatspaint is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:16 PM   #2
paulie6978
macrumors 6502

this also happened to me but mine was jailbroken on 4.3.3 ...... i couldnt get anything to work and i had to fool around with it a few hours before i finally just restored it to my original firmware. i havent jailbroken it since
paulie6978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:43 AM   #3
cdustybk
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleyeatspaint View Post
My iPhone 3gs 4.3.4 is stuck in a rebooting cycle. It will not load into the home screen or even turn off. I have tried the holding 10 seconds button mashes but nothing is working. Can I restore it using a program or even somehow get it into dfu mode or something? I have a Macbook 10.6.7. I really can't figure it out. If anyone here knows how to fix it, it would be lovely to try out some things! Thanksssss
If you've jailbroken 4.3.4, it is tethered, meaning you MUST use redsn0w's (or whatever program you used) "just boot tethered for right now" option.

And if you haven't, i would recommend putting your phone in DFU mode and try to reinstall the software.

Hope that helps!
cdustybk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:08 AM   #4
cdustybk
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdustybk View Post
If you've jailbroken 4.3.4, it is tethered, meaning you MUST use redsn0w's (or whatever program you used) "just boot tethered for right now" option.

And if you haven't, i would recommend putting your phone in DFU mode and try to reinstall the software.
Also, you must use the "just boot tethered" option every time you wish to power up your phone, if your iDevice on 4.3.4 is jailbroken. No untethered option is available yet.

If you just need to get into DFU mode from the stuck Apple logo, I do the following...

1) Hold Lock button and Home button until screen blacks out
2) Hold the Lock button until the apple logo turns back on
3) Hold both the Lock and Home buttons for about 10 seconds. The screen should black out again.
4) Let go of the Lock button only and hold the home button for about 15-20 seconds. The screen should be black as if it were still off, however it may be in recovery mode (iTunes logo) rather than DFU mode.
cdustybk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting