Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

os_x_lion_icon-150x150.jpg

In addition to today's launch of OS X Lion and Safari updates for earlier operating system versions, Apple has also pushed out several other software updates to support the transition to Lion.

- Java for OS X Lion (62.53 MB)
This release installs Java SE 6 version 1.6.0_26. OS X Lion does not provide a Java runtime by default.

Please quit any web browsers before installing.
- Server Admin Tools 10.7 (193.25 MB)
The Server Admin Tools installer includes additional applications for use with Lion Server. This release includes the latest releases of:

- Podcast Composer
- Server Admin
- Server Monitor
- System Image Utility
- Workgroup Manager
- Xgrid Admin
- Windows Migration Assistant for Lion (2.78 MB)
This software will help you migrate data from a Windows PC running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7. The Migration Assistant will launch automatically after it has been installed.
Apple released an update to its Migration Assistant software for Mac OS X Snow Leopard yesterday, ensuring that users would be able to transfer their data from Snow Leopard systems to new ones running Lion.

Article Link: Apple Releases Lion-Related Software Updates: Java, Server Admin Tools, Windows Migration Assistant

j-traxx

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2005
California
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Roarrrrrrrr! Just bought it and it'll be done downloading when I get off work!!!! Yossssss!!!!!!

erzeszut

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
Server Admin Tools

I'm thinking the Server Admin tools are not quite ready for prime time.....the first time I downloaded and mounted the .dmg, the installer froze on first run. When I came back to try and re-download, the Apple page was offline.

Hmm. So after lunch, I downloaded again. This time, the tools installed correctly, and Server Admin, Monitor, etc. work correctly.

However, Workgroup Manager is a different story. The "connect" button is completely greyed out. I can type my server name, user name and password. But I cannot click Connect, nor can I press enter to tell WGM to login.

Granted, I'm trying to use WGM from a 10.7 client to manage a 10.5 server. Maybe that's not even possible. But WGM isn't even getting to that point; since I can't connect, the problem would be the same even if I were managing a Lion Server. (Also, Server Monitor and Admin work just fine to manage my 10.5 server.)

Guess I'll wait a day or two and see if a fixed version is released.

Indy Colts

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Cougarcat said:
No iWork update today? :(

iWork update was released today

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.