Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sgood7401

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
So I have installed Lion and really like it. But I have not been able to figure out how to navigate in Finder using gestures. Anyone know how to do this? Or is it not possible anymore?

nauticasmexico

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
For all those having trouble when trying to navigate back and forth in Finder, you need to go to 'System Preferences', then 'Trackpad', 'More Gestures' and then you need to select the menu under 'Swipe between pages' and choose the third and last option there 'Swipe with two or three fingers'. That's it! Now you can easily use your fingers to surf Finder's history with folders.

sgood7401

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I did that, and it worked. But I noticed that when I have that selected, the animation in Safari when going back to a previous page does not work. Is this a bug or am I just missing something?

greektenor

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
When you use two fingers the animation works. When you use three fingers it doesn't. Doesn't seem to be a bug, just the way they designed it. I actually prefer the three fingers without the sliding animation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.